Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified

Locked out of Yahoo email account. Can't reset password.

Customer Question

I am completely locked out of my Yahoo email account and can't seem to get support with resetting my password.

My problem started with my iPhone when I couldn't send an email. I followed online suggestions to delete the email account on the iPhone and re-input my info. Which I did. Since then, I can't access email at all. I can't even reset the password.

Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.

I am afraid your yahoo account has been hacked. Usually email addresses are being hacked by weak passwords that are easily guessed by computers OR by users that enter their password ***** fake websites.

There is a YAHOO Validation Page that they (Yahoo) have set up to attempt to validate ownership of an account in cases where the Password ***** Basic steps do not work.

The Validation Page was created to ask key questions about your account (only you would be able to provide to Yahoo) when you created or updated your account. The more information you provide to Yahoo, the better for their Support Agents to validate your identity. Enter the security questions and answers that you had, it does not matter if the hackers changed it, yahoo will check your previous information too

The direct link to the Validation Page is:

This is the best you can do. They should answer in one week. Please do that as soon as you possible. I think it is a lot of waiting time, but it is the best we can do, because unfortunately Yahoo does not have phone customer support for email issues.

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I really don't believe my account has been hacked. I saw online that others were having this issue in the last few days with Yahoo. When I tried to reset my password ***** today, I answered the security questions but they said one of them was incorrect.

OK, please go to and click on "I can't access my account", then click "I forgot my password" and click Next.

If no luck, then you will need to follow my previous answer even if your account is not hacked.