Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
23822421

I am completely locked out of my Yahoo email account and cant

Customer Question

I am completely locked out of my Yahoo email account and can't seem to get support with resetting my password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

I am afraid your yahoo account has been hacked. Usually email addresses are being hacked by weak passwords that are easily guessed by computers OR by users that enter their password XXXXX fake websites.

There is a YAHOO Validation Page that they (Yahoo) have set up to attempt to validate ownership of an account in cases where the Password XXXXX Basic steps do not work.

The Validation Page was created to ask key questions about your account (only you would be able to provide to Yahoo) when you created or updated your account. The more information you provide to Yahoo, the better for their Support Agents to validate your identity. Enter the security questions and answers that you had, it does not matter if the hackers changed it, yahoo will check your previous information too

The direct link to the Validation Page is: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/general-01.html

This is the best you can do. They should answer in one week. Please do that as soon as you possible. I think it is a lot of waiting time, but it is the best we can do, because unfortunately Yahoo does not have phone customer support for email issues.

Please note I do NOT work for Yahoo so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I really don't believe my account has been hacked. I saw online that others were having this issue in the last few days with Yahoo. When I tried to reset my password XXXXX today, I answered the security questions but they said one of them was incorrect.

OK, please go to www.yahoo.com and click on "I can't access my account", then click "I forgot my password" and click Next.

If no luck, then you will need to follow my previous answer even if your account is not hacked.

Please note I do NOT work for YAHOO so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This answer was not helpful nor is it dealing with the real problem.
I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you.

You will receive an email when another expert takes your question. The new expert will see all our previous thread, so no need to explain the issue again.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I no longer want assistance. I am not satisfied with my first response.
OK, thank you