Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
37817776

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with Windows Home 7. I attempted

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with Windows Home 7. I attempted to install Microsofr Links 2000 and ran into trouble.Now I cannot uninstall it and get the message 'C:\Program Files(86)\MicrosoftGames \LinksLS2000\Uninst.isu is not valid or the data has been corrupted.Uninstallation will not continue.' How can I uninstall,please?
Any help would be much appreciated

Omer :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

So you are trying to uninstall a program and the standard installer isnt working.
One thing you can do is use an uninstaller program

The one I like is revo uninstaller pro and it has a free 30 day trial you can download the program here http://www.revouninstaller.com/download-professional-version.php Once you download the file save it to your desktop so you can find it easily. Then run the install.

Once installed launch the program you will then see icons for all programs installed on the machine in the window inside revo uninstaller right click on the icon for links (the program you want to uninstall) then select remove/uninstall

Revo will then go through there steps

1. Backup Your Registry
2. Uninstall the program
3. Now here is where you have a couple options I always select advance

what step three does is it scans your computer for traces of programs that can be removed you may see a long list or shorter one depending on how many programs you have uninstalled

Once the list is compiled you can look through to see if there is anything you don't want to remove I usually just do select all and remove

Go through these steps and let me know if you have any issues uninstalling your program

JACUSTOMER-pjkaihk3- :

Everything seems to be in order. Many thanks.I am still a nervous wreck but there are hopes of an early recovery.Again - many thanks.