Matt, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Software Engineering, 4+ years experience as IT Support

How can I remove the Context Meu Platinum There is a lot

Customer Question

How can I remove the "Context Meu Platinum" ? There is a lot of discussions about this on the forums. But no one has the right solution. Now I am also affected . I said that I will contact you when I will need, so I need an expert to help me on this!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be assisting with your question.

First off, please download the Revo Uninstaller Utility using the following link:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Done that, run and use the utility to look for and uninstall any reference to the File Minimizer program and Context Menu program (if available) accordingly. Make sure to right-click on the program entry, and click the 'Forced Uninstall' option to remove it, as well as select and remove ALL traces of the registry entries listed, left in the process.

Let me know if this resolves the issue you are having.

Regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I did instal" revouninstaller", but I couldnt find the program that bother me, so I cant uninstal it. I was looking and triyng to find any trace of this program on my computer. But is like invisible, its apearing when do you right click on the mouse. It says "unregistred version" and is starting to count down. Nothing is reacting before the count down is finished. And if you do push the "x" button to close it , its starting to count down again. Its very annoing and is some kind of gost program.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Ok, were you able to find the Balesio File Minimizer program with Revo?Also, go to Start>Computer>C drive>Program Files>check if you can find any folders with that name.

Let me know.

Edited by Matt on 1/30/2011 at 5:21 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Revo did find 97 programs on my computer , but there is no program called "Balesio File Minimizer"
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Ok, please go to Start>Computer>C drive>Program Files>check if you can find any folders with the name File Minimizer or Balesio.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is no such program named "file minimizer" or "Balesio" on my computer. Shall I search on internet for it?
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Ok, first of all, please download and install Content Menu Platinum from the link below:

http://download.cnet.com/Explorer-Context-Menu-Platinum-Net-component/9241-10250_4-10822299-1.html

Then, use the Revo program provided earlier to remove it.

Let me know how it goes.
Matt, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: BSc (Hons) Software Engineering, 4+ years experience as IT Support
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I did what you said. But this kind of program is very tricky. Sometimes is not interfere in my computer job , but it happen that is coming back when do you expect less, even more annoing. So, you must restart the computer in the middle of a job and then is living you allone for a little while. That why I will wait 48 hours and if is not coming back in this time I will accept your solution
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
No problem. Take your time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, for a time ago I did ask for help on removing a nasty program that came on my computer, "Context Meu Platinum". I did what you said, I was waiting 2 days to see if is coming back and I have paid for the answer. I can say that I am dissapointed because that kind of "program" came back on my computer yesterday and steel I need your help to resolve definetivelly this problem!
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

I see. Now, please click on the following link to download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup utility:

http://tinyurl.com/5t94m5e

Then, go to Start > All Programs > Windows Installer Cleanup; in the window that comes up, check if there is any reference to the program in question and remove it from there.

If necessary, try installing the program again and then check.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

" Oops! This link appears to be broken. " This is the message that came when I do click on the link

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried your link and it sais that is a program conflict and I shall uninstal the following programs: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus
avast! Internet Security
Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live!

And I just cant uninstal all my protection for another one just like that!!

And even I dont now if the program from link can replace all the functions that Avast Anti-virus has!

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

You seem to have clicked on the wrong program in the link. Please try this direct download link below:

http://tinyurl.com/2b8hgxp

Let me know how this goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did open " windows instaler clean up " but I havent found there the "Context Menu Platinum"
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Ok, did you try installing the Context Menu Platinum program first and then look under Windows Installer Cleanup?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did this before and I used "revo uninstaler " after. And it happen how I said it came back after 2 weeks

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
It seems that Revo didn't clear out the program properly. Please try the same steps with the Windows Installer Cleanup utility and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I will try but it will take very many days to find out if its going wright. If after long time the tricky program is not coming back I will let you now. Thanks for trying to help!
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

No problem. Take your time and let me know if the issue comes back.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, the issue it comes again! I need to get out this "context menu platinum" from my computer! Please, help me somehow!
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

Do you have Nero installed on your system by any chance?

Please go to Start>All Programs. Is FileMinimizer listed there?

Also, please go to Start>type shellmenu in the search bar. Does anything come up?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont have Nero. When I type "shellmenu" in the search bar is nothing coming up. About "FileMinimizer", we did had this discussion , and I dont have this listed. And also what I have tried didnt work and I dont want to start again the same . I need help to finish this. I now there is a way to use remote asistance so you can work and acces directly my computer. I really want this "Context Menu Platinum" not coming back anymore