Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

why do my speakers sound like there is an echo and the voices

why do my speakers sound like there is an echo and the voices sound funny?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, welcome to JustAnswer.

Please try this first:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/no_sound/en-us

and let me know if that fixes the sound, if not let me know and we'll continue working on this for you.

Thanks,
Bernie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
im running it now
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Sure - let me know the results

It may ask you to restart, that fine:

You can come back here anytime to continue when you are ready - go to www.justanswer.com, and then click my questions (upper right) to get here again.

Thanks,
Bernie

Edited by Bernie on 1/29/2011 at 6:57 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I ran the microsoft "fix it" program and the problem is still there. It sounds like chipmunks singing!
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Go to:

1. Start
2. Select the Run menu
3. Type devmgmt.msc
4. Press ok

Can you tell me if you see any red X's or yellow exclamation points in Device Manager?
Especially under Sound, Video, Game controllers
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I expanded all the boxes and i do no see any x's or exclamation points in any part of the device manager.
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
When did you first start noticing this sound issue (A date if you can remember?)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
About two weeks ago. It stopped working after i moved. I was very careful when moving but could it be a component problem?
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
I see - usually if there is a problem with the component it shows up in device manager, but not in this case...please try this:

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Follow the prompts to pick a restore date and time you are sure the sound issue wasn't on your computer, then restart your computer when it prompts you to.

Please let me know if the issue persists after the restoration, you will not lose any files rather this restores the settings that were on your computer before you had the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i restored the computer to two different dates and the problem still remains
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for trying that...

Lets uninstall and reinstall the sound card in device manager:

1. Start
2. Select the Run menu
3. Type devmgmt.msc
4. Press ok
5. Under the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers section, Right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio and then click on Uninstall.
6. Close the Device Manager and Reboot your computer
7. After the computer reboots, allow it to automatically find the Realtek audio device on its own and reinstall the drivers. You may be required to reboot the computer a second time after the drivers for the sound card load.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks,
Bernie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That worked! Thank you!
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
No worries - please make sure to press Accept so that I am acknowledged for solving your issue and paid by the site.

Also, please leave positive feedback if you get a chance.

Thanks,
Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience: 6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified