Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

How to get my old MSN Homepage back?

HOW DO I GET MY OLD MSN HOMEPAGE BACK.

Are you using Internet Explorer as your web browser? Also, what's your home page set to, currently?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just got a new laptop and want the old msn home page....but can't figure out how to get it. Presently I use the msn hotmail as a way to get my email.
First off, please go to the following link:
www.msn.com

Is this what you want to set as your home page?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That is what I have now for my home page on this computer, but have different one on my desktop, I guess what I really want is the old page that I use to have for my email.
Now, do you currently have access to the desktop? If so, could you make a note of the webpage link you need to set as your home page, and let me know?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not quite sure I know what you mean.,...on it it says msn.com by dell and another place it says dell.msn.com/?vv=900. I am not an expert on the computer, so need help.
Okay, good. Now, in your laptop, please go to Tools > Internet Options in Internet Explorer, then replace the existing text under the Home Page field with the following:
http://dell.msn.com/

Click Apply > Ok, then restart the browser and let me know if this is what you wanted.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If I put the dell.msn.com isn't that what I have now? So, I just get it back again? Did you mean check on my desk top computer for the information. I did not do that....
Yes, please check in the link in your desktop itself, and let me know.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

If I put the dell.msn.com isn't that what I have now? So, I just get it back again? Did you mean check on my desk top computer for the information. I did not do that..

So, I went to my desk computer and looked at it and it says http://my.msn.com/default.aspx is that what you need?

I see, and if you put the very same text in your Home Page field in your laptop, then restart IE, does it show up the page you wanted?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I haven't done that but will do so now....
Okay, keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

YES, IT IS THE SAME HOME PAGE....When I get to it, there is no tool bar saying Mail and More, like my desk top has.....Is there a way to get the tool bar on my lap top?

Okay. Now, please go to Tools > Internet Options, then click on the Delete button under the 'Browsing History' header. Make sure that 'Cookies' and 'Temporary Internet Files' are checked, then click Delete. Restart IE thereafter, and let me know.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
O.K. It may take me a little while, but here goes.
Sure, take your time.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I got the same dell thing but when I deleted it and put in the my msn.com, etc. I got my old page back, but it didn't have the headings on the top like my old page....example,

Home - Favorites - Bing - Mail and More - Address Book - Calendar, etc. Do you know what I mean?

I see, you have to sign in to your MSN account first, for those options to come up. Please sign in first, then go back to your Home page and check what you get now.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Since this is a new lap top, I don't know how to get my computer to bring up the msn account page so I can sign in, also I don't have the butterfly on my start menu like it is on my desk top. How do I get that?
I see now; you are using the MSN Premium software in your desktop, which is different from IE.

On your laptop, please download and install the MSN Premium program, using the following link:
membercenter.msn.com/download.aspx

Let me know if you can open up the program, and access the options you were able to in your desktop itself.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
O.K. I'll do that now.
Did it work for you?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
O.K. I downloaded msn, now how to I find the icon so I can click on it and get it for my email?
Did you install the program after downloading it? If so, you may find it at Start > All Programs. Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know,, how would I find out?
Did you 'Run' the download, or 'Save' it?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I saved it.
In that case, please re-run the download, and select 'Run' when prompted. Let me know if you are able to install the program all right.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello again. I want to thank you very much for all of your help. Once again I have my email like I want it and just about everything is going alright. I am not the greatest on the computer, but with your GREAT help I was able to get it like I like it. Thanks again very much and God Bless!!