Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

My yahoo email keeps sending out bad emails to my contact list

Customer Question

My yahoo email keeps sending out bad emails to my contact list as well as back to my own email. How do make it stop?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with this.

These types of scams/spamming e-mails are becoming extremely common these days. E-mail addresses are being taken over/accessed by two main ways: (1) by users unknowingly having their password XXXXX from a fake login page or from web sites that users have signed up on with a password XXXXX their e-mail password; and (2) weak passwords that are easily guessed by computers constantly trying to gain access to an e-mail account.

Spammers are desperate for 'fresh' accounts like yours because the chance that it will get flagged as 'spam' (at first) is very low, versus most spam that never makes it to a user's inbox.

Please change your password XXXXX away to avoid having this occur in the future. If you need assistance with changing your password, let me know - thanks.

Once you change your password, the spammer who is accessing your account from a different location will no longer have access to it and you will be fine.
However, please use a different password XXXXX now on for your e-mail versus any other web site, and use at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and a number, like Spectacular10, or Amazing1900. Avoid first/last names, pet names, DOB, anniversaries, etc. Those are much too common.

You may also wish to perform a malware scan with this free program (do not pay for any programs; only click on the Download Now link on the left side, and then wait for the download to start, or click where it says “click here” next to “No Download?”:

Hope this information helps; thanks!