Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

One of the two hinges broke on my HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One

Customer Question

One of the two hinges broke on my HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One printer, CN63AEFOCO, Q5820A, (RH-01), the lid one lifts to change a catridge.

Can you send me a hinge?

Thank you;

I have made very good use of this printer, to scan, copy and print from my computer - I use this as personal printer at my home.

Thank you. [email protected], 506 Lloyd Place, Unit G, Bel Air, MD, 21014, USA
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 5 years ago.

No place sells parts for this printer (usually there are no parts sold for inexpensive printers and/or other inexpensive products). But you can try to contact HP and see if they have:

But here is a work around from a person who got his hinge broken also:

" I kept my unit working by just removing the broken top half of the hinge.
You have to remove 5 screws using a TORX T10 screwdriver. First remove the small plate covering the back of hinge on the outside. Then remove the two vertical screws at the top of the hinge up under the hinge lip. Then open the cover (be careful to hold it in place so as not to damage the three flex connections between the lid and body) and remove the other two screws at the top of the hinge. Remove the broken top half of the hinge and lower the cover back down. Until you find a replacement hinge, you can put a piece of heavy duty tape on the back where the hinge was. "

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just did the latter so that I could close the printer and use it. I will do without a hinge. Thanks
OK, as long as it works. Thanks.