Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I recently bought Buffalo HD-PXTU2 Mini Station. I saved info

Customer Question

I recently bought Buffalo HD-PXTU2 Mini Station. I saved info to it and I am told there is only 95.9 MB space. There should be much more space on it? What have I done wrong
Thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.

Sibu :

Hello, Welcome To JustAnswer Thanks & Regards Sibu

Sibu :

connect the hard disk

Sibu :

then goto STart>>My computer

Sibu :

is there hard disk icon for Buffalo

Sibu :

?

Sibu :

like E drive or F drive etc ?

Customer :

Yes an icon and BFRD drive space 95.9

Sibu :

right click it and select properteis

Sibu :

and tell me used space and free space

Customer :

G drive no used space because I deleted all so free space is 95.9 MB

Sibu :

ok

Sibu :

what is showing the capacity

Sibu :

?

Customer :

Total size is 95.9

Sibu :

MB or GB

Sibu :

MB or GB

Customer :

MB

Sibu :

do you have any CD inserted

Sibu :

?

Customer :

No

Sibu :

ok remove any other USB device connected

Sibu :

like another hard disk

Customer :

OK done

Sibu :

ok now remove Buffalo

Customer :

Yes done

Sibu :

goto STart>>My Computer

Sibu :

and connect the buffalo

Sibu :

and check is there a new drive icon coming or not

Customer :

The same icon as before Bfrd drive G

Sibu :

ok

Sibu :

right click it and select format

Sibu :

and check quick format

Sibu :

click start

Customer :

Sorry I have lost my start bar can begin again

Sibu :

right click it and select format

9:57 AM

and check quick format

9:57 AM

click start

Customer :

one, but windows says unable to complete format

Sibu :

ok

Sibu :

restart the computer and press F8 repeatedly and enter SAFE mode

Sibu :

in safe mode try to format the hard disk

Customer :

Hello Sibu, Sorry but my PC crashed and I was not able to continue, so when you are able may we continue because I still have the problem. Thank you. I am on line now.

Sibu :

have you tried formatting in SAFE mode

Sibu :

?

Customer :

No. because that is when the PC crashed.

Sibu :

ok try now

Sibu :

and let me know

Customer :

My PC just will not go to Safe Mode. ?

Sibu :

ok

Sibu :

download above program and install

Sibu :

then using it format the hard disk

Customer :

Hi Sibu, Now I am totallly confused. I do not want to format my C drive. All I want to do is to have the full capacity of the Buffalo Hard Drive which is at least 100 GB. At the moment there is no data on it and tells me it's full capacity is 95.9 MB, which is not correct. Thank you

Sibu :

yes

Sibu :

after formatting it will show full capacity

Customer :

I downloaded the program you suggested (Partition Manager Home edition) and shows only C Drive not Buffalo ( is this correct?) but it will not alow to format. Drive G (Buffalo) does not appear with Drive C. Sorry I am taking so long to understand.

Sibu :

no problem

Sibu :

click above link and downlaod the tool

Sibu :

and run it to format the external hard disk

Customer :

Hi, Did that but could not format because it is write protected. ?

Sibu :

try to use the tool in SAFE mode

Customer :

Downloaded the tool, went into safe mode and selected format, but again said "unable to continue because it is write protected.

Sibu :

ok

Sibu :

download above program and install it

Sibu :

then using it try to erase the hard disk

Customer :

I began installing this above program and message said this PC is unable to operate this program.

Sibu :

okay

Sibu :

I am running out of ideas ...Sorry

Sibu :

I will opt out and let other experts to help you

Customer :

Many thanks Sibu for your help.

Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.
My Pleasure
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Sibu, Sorry I have taken so long to reply. I have decided to return the Disk Drive to the retailer where I purchased it. I would like to cancel this discussion.Many many thanks for your time, much appreciated.
Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.
Okay

No Problem

cheers