Matt, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Software Engineering, 8+ years experience as IT Support
15320265

Just what is the answer to the AppHangXProcB1 issue, pleas

Customer Question

Just what is the answer to the AppHangXProcB1 issue, please
Category: Computer
Expert:  Matt replied 6 years ago.

Matt :

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting with your question.

Matt :

Could you elaborate a bit more please? Where do you get this error message? What is the exact error message that you get?

JACUSTOMER-5pq27kze- :

IE will not open, and each time I attempt it I receive the same response - AppHang.......etc

Expert:  Matt replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the clarification.

Ok, in Internet Explorer, please navigate to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, and click on the 'Reset...' button present; in the dialog box that comes up, press 'Reset' once again, then restart IE , and check if this resolves your issue all right.

Regards.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Matt,

I seem not to have made myself clear - As I cannot OPEN IE I am unable to carry out your instructions.

Dennis

Expert:  Matt replied 6 years ago.
Ok, do you have Windows XP or Vista or 7?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Vista
Expert:  Matt replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the clarification.

Please go to Start>Control Panel>Internet and Options>Internet Options > Advanced, and click on the 'Reset...' button present; in the dialog box that comes up, press 'Reset' once again, then restart IE , and check if this resolves your issue all right.

Regards.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning, Matt,

I have just woken up and have tried your solution. Yes, it workedSmile But now we have another small problem!Cry

New message reads 'Run time error 216 @ 02C11284. Can you throw any light on this, please?

Dennis

Expert:  Matt replied 6 years ago.
Ok, where do you get this new error message? Do you get this when you try to open Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It goes like this: I open Windows, and then attempt to open IE . A message appears -

"IE has stopped working. Check on-line for a solution and close programme. Close the programme"

I close the programme as instructed. Then a second message appears - "Error - Runtime error 216 02EB1284" I close this message.

At this point I can access IE and Outlook and get on with the day!

Can you explain what is going on, PLEASE.

Dennis

Expert:  Matt replied 6 years ago.
Ok, when did this issue start exactly? Is this a recent occurence?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The problem started when updating my system with one of Microsofts many 'improvements', almost certainly when I moved to XP - I very foolishly told you I was on Vista. I am over 70 and have ever increasing memory loss! Sorry.

Does this help? I have been looking at the record of the automatic updates that are forever being sent through by MS, and have noted that several are shown to have 'failed'. Perhaps I should take more notice of this?

Dennis

Expert:  Matt replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the clarification.

Please go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore, then restore your system back to a date and time when you didn't have this issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am most reluctant to take such a drastic step. What do I do if it fails? What happens to all the other software on my machine?

I thank you for trying to help, but I now feel we have gone as far as we can at long distance.

Regards.

Expert:  Matt replied 6 years ago.

System restore is not a drastic step. You can always undo it if it doesn't work and all your data files are safe. It is different to a system recovery which erases all the data from your computer and is irreversible.

So, please try it and let me know how it goes.

Regards.