Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My screen has lost its red color, it shows as black. I switched

Customer Question

My screen has lost its red color, it shows as black. I switched to new monitor using different cables and it still showed no red on new monitor. I have a Gateway computer and monitor. Any suggestions??? Thx
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

cyball83 :

Hello my name is John

Welcome to just answer

cyball83 :

please come to this chat

Customer :

hi

Customer :

hello

cyball83 :

hello sir

cyball83 :

when did this started?

Customer :

two days ago

cyball83 :

ok did you tried new cable on that monitor

Customer :

yes

cyball83 :

is that monitor connected now

Customer :

no,

Customer :

i am connected to my original monitor and it shows red on other computer

cyball83 :

so where its connected it shows the red dots am i correct

Customer :

Your question does not make sense to me. what red dots?? My problem is my red has been replaced by the color black. I have NO red anywhere on my computer screen. When I hook up the computer monitor to another computer, it shows red, so it is not the monitor

cyball83 :

ok

Customer :

thx

Customer :

Do you understand my problem or would you like me to restate it?

cyball83 :

one moment let me check the question again

cyball83 :

ok i got the question.you mean your monitor lost the red color

Customer :

yes, but it is not a problem with the monitor, it is a computer problem

cyball83 :

one moment pelase

cyball83 :

ok so no change in the new monitor also am i correct

Customer :

when I plugged in the new monitor, using new cables, I still had the same problem, no red on the monitor, it is replaced by the color black

cyball83 :

have you tried updating the graphics driver?

Customer :

how

Customer :

that is why I am asking you, I don't know how to update, and would this make a diference, as I have seen on line that this does not help when others have had this problem

cyball83 :

do you have any graphics card in your computer

Customer :

i don't know

cyball83 :

ok i will check that.please provide the model number of the gateway pc

Customer :

on side of computer it says nVidia Geforce 6100 Intergrated Graphics PC express

cyball83 :

please provide the model number of the gateway pc

Customer :

Don't know It says GT 4023E is that it?

cyball83 :

let me check it

cyball83 :

ok i found the model

Customer :

on gateway all I could find was drivers for the Vista operating system, I have XP

cyball83 :

here too i see vista

Customer :

I can do that - what I need is help. do you have any training in computers?

cyball83 :

let me see if i can get drivers directly from nvidia itself

Customer :

We have been on here nearly an hour - It took you half an hour to read my question. I need to go could you please email me your answer as I am getting very upset with you.

cyball83 :

i will leave the instructions in this page so check it when you are back.

Please bookmark/add to favorites this page so that you can connect back to this chat even if you get restarted

cyball83 :

sorry for the delay

cyball83 :

please click on this link http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us Then click on GRAPHICS DRIVERS Which is Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products. that will automatically detect the driver and asks you to download that.please download and install it and will be asked to restart please continue with the restart and check it and let me know

cyball83 :

Sorry for the delay i was handling another question at that time.i apologize for that

cyball83 :

If it worked please don’t forget to click ACCEPT & leave a POSITIVE Feedback and some Bonus will be well appreciated.

Customer :

I downloaded driver and restarted my computer and it did not work. This is what I told you about this problem, when I check the internet for solutions, it said this did not work. That is why I contacted an expert, so I could fix it.

cyball83 :

ok

cyball83 :

click start >>>control panel>>>click on display

Customer :

have it

cyball83 :

now click on settings tab

Customer :

done

cyball83 :

Then click on advanced Tab

Customer :

done

cyball83 :

now in that click on monitor tab and tell me the screen refresh settings in that

Customer :

There are no profiles in the color management section do I need one?

cyball83 :

please go back to settings tab in the display properties Window

Customer :

done

cyball83 :

in that which is the color quality selected in there

Customer :

32 bit

cyball83 :

what about resolution?

Customer :

1440 by 900 which supports my mataching monitor I have tried it at lower levels, such as 1280 by 1024 but nothing changes

Customer :

matching

Customer :

hello

cyball83 :

yes did you get it

Customer :

get what

Customer :

read my response

Customer :

if you mean the resolution yes -

cyball83 :

did you click on Advance in the display properties window

Customer :

i need to go again,

cyball83 :

not the resolution

Customer :

yes

cyball83 :

can you give me 5min

cyball83 :

all we need is five min

Customer :

yes

cyball83 :

Are you in the settings tab in the display properties

Customer :

yes

Customer :

hello

cyball83 :

ok in that click on advanced

Customer :

yes

cyball83 :

now monitor tab

Customer :

yes

cyball83 :

in that what is the screen refresh rate

Customer :

you already asked, it is 60 hertz,

cyball83 :

is that the maximum

Customer :

no 75 is

cyball83 :

change it to 70

Customer :

no 70 only 75

cyball83 :

ok 75 please

Customer :

done

cyball83 :

then click on apply

Customer :

done

cyball83 :

click ok also

Customer :

done

cyball83 :

is there any change

Customer :

no

cyball83 :

ok next steps will take some time do you want to continue now or tomorrow

Customer :

later

cyball83 :

ok then we will continue this tomorrow same.please let me know the time and time zone