Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

All of my mail has been deleted - including saved, sent, etc.

All of my mail has been deleted - including saved, sent, etc. This is not something I did and they were there last evening when last checked. Can I get them back? How did this happen? Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need. Can you please tell me who your e-mail provider is (Hotmail/Gmail/Yahoo, etc.)? Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK - thank you for that information.Please note that we are not AOL. Now, AOL is currently experiencing an outage with their mail and you are one of the affected accounts. Please wait 4-6 hours for your e-mail to restore. It will definitely return. Hope this helps and puts your mind at ease; thanks.

(Reference - updates may be posted here (an ALERT was visible just a few minutes ago informing all users of the outage)- )

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks frederick. I feel better already! But I did think I ws talking to AOL
I'm sorry for any confusion that you may have experienced. AOL has no live support for most users. If you found this helpful, be sure to click Accept - thanks!