Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

STUDIO 14 Message Importer has stopped working

Customer Question

STUDIO 14 Message: Importer has stopped working
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

Do you have a 64 bit machine by chance?

Also.. has it always had issues importing with this windows 7 computer? Or, was it working fine before on this windows 7 computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes computer is 64bit machine.

I purchased HP Pavilion Elite in December 2010.

At first Importer worked OK.

But next time and every time I opened Studio 14 the same message appears.

I am able to use all facilities of the program except for Import

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Ok.. before we go too deep into fixing things.. I want you to look over this page first.

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=287731

Start at the top.. Go over each scenario it discusses..If your not sure what its reffering to or asking, let me know. And i will help you with any steps your not sure of.

Covering the basics is always a good start to fixing any issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I set computer "Adjust for best performance"

Sound: no Sound Card installed. Using on Board Sound.

AM capture: after clicking Start >Programs>Studio>Tools>after clicking AM Capture Message: Error(NNN) NNN-NNNN Cannot create video capture filter clcket OK, Clicked Devices, V Cirrus Logic USB-DVR2 source. Next clicked Capture Master Stream,

showing 3 options: 1 None, 2.Audio ticked, 3.Video.

In Studio Settings Disabled: Full-Resolution preview, Hardware acceleration, Background rendering. Studio Settings set to "MONO". Restarted Computer.

MSCONFIG: could not find the "Startup items".to turn off the background programs..

Still problem with Import message. I uninstalled/reinstalled the Studio still no luck, the same problem with Studio Import.

On Starting Studio 14 message "Importer has stopped working" I can Edit, but on clicking "Import" The Import is Loading but after 30 seconds message:"Import has stopped working,windows is checkingfor a solution to the problem"

The blue line is moving but the whole lot is frozen i left it for 30 minutes an restarted Computer. Problem not resolved.

I updated the Windows and drivers. NO luck.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Ok, you mentioned you had a hard time with disabling startup items on msconfig..

lets try it this way..

Please press the windows key on your keyboard , hold it down, and press R

type in msconfig and press enter.

on the very top tab,on the right section, click on startup, then on the bottom click disable all..

then click apply, then click ok.. Now.. restart the computer..

test studio.. any better performance when importing?
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Problem unresolved "Importer has stopped working"

On Internet pinnaclesys forums, I find dozens asking the same question how to resolve

" Imporer has stopped working" without solution.

I would have thought that Pinnacle wpould produced a patch to solve this problem

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Been a while since i Heard from you.

Since January.. Your still having the issue.. You never responded to my last steps..

did you complete msconfig command i suggested, and then try the importer again?

if it didnt work, please respond to me and let me know so we can continue trying to fix the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had been on holidays and busy with other things

I had tried everything to get Importer working.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Studio15 number of times.

Each time I disabled Start up by msconfig,disabled Norton 360 virus check and firewall,and Internet connection.

Disabled in Studio 15 Video and Audio preferences:1. Ful Resolution Preview,

2.Hardware Acceleration, 3. Background Rendering

Set Computer for Best Performance.

I checked System Information Tool: Msinfo32, Software environment, Windows Error reporting.

I found lots and lots of: Fault Bucket XXXXXXXXXX every time referring to Importer.exe

Problem Responce not Available. Report Status 0.

Is it possible that Studio15 is not compatible with 64bits computer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Set Computer for Best Performance.

I checked System Information Tool: Msinfo32, Software environment, Windows Error reporting.I paid 28.00 in January

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Possibly. Lets try to edit the compatibility mode for the program

right click on the shortcut icon for the program

left click properties.

left click compatibility.

Now.. click the section and change it to windows xp sp3

then click apply.

Then start the program.. Working any better now?

( apologies for the delay, i was offline and off work when you responded)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I changed to windows xp sp3, but could not open icon Studio 15.

I restarted computer, started Studio 15, after a while the massage flashed for a short time "Importer has stopped working" the studio opened and editing worked correctly.

When I connected Sony HD Camcorder and clicked Import,the" loading Studio Import" lit up in orange, but after a while same message appeared: Importer has stopped working" windows is checking for a solution to the problem.

The checking continued for a long time freezing the window. it was 11:30pm so I gone to bed. This morning the window was still frozen, I restarted and tried to open Studio,

the same problem returned. Restarted computer, every other program (except for Studio is working perfectly. The problem is shown is Microsoft system information tool by Msinfo32 Windows Error Reporting: Fault Bucket1730840862; Response not available, Problem signature:&Hx000a;P1: importer.exe%Hx000d.followed by 8 lines

of numbers accross the report page finishing with: Report Status: 0

I am travelling to a meeting in London I expect to be back tonight by 10pm

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Instead of importing directly from your camcorder, to studio 14.

Try this.

connect the camcorder.. then. go to start, computer, and it should show the camcorder as a device with removable storage.

right click it, click explore..

and then go through the cameras files, and find the videos you want to import.

right click them, and copy them to the desktop, in a new folder.

then. try to import them from your new folder, into studio 14.

It shold work now.

( most likely, it just doenst like your camera, and importing from the camera is what is stil causing the error)