Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
23822421

My Belkin router is not working with my Nook e-reader. To reset

Customer Question

My Belkin router is not working with my Nook e-reader. To reset it I need a password XXXXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow the steps below from your computer already connected to internet, and you will see the network password: (then try that password XXXXX your NOOK)

Click here ----->http://wikisend.com/download/967476

Then click "Download file"

Then click "Run" or "OPEN" when prompted. Otherwise click Save and save the file to your desktop, then double click it to run it.

And you will see your password XXXXX (under Key(HEX) and Key(Ascii), try both from your NOOK)

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Experience: Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not see a password XXXXX Hex or ascil. When I get a password, where on my Nook do I enter the password?
Is the Nook asking for the password?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not know where on my Nook to look to see where it would be asking for a password
To connect to an appropriate Wi-Fi® network, tap the wi-fi icon on your Home screen, and check that Airplane mode is "off." Then check that Wi-Fi® is set to "on," then tap on "Wi-Fi hotspot" and either add a network or select an available network that is listed. Please give a minute for your NOOK to search and display available Wi-Fi® networks.

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a Belkin network. I need to reset it. Can you give me a new Belkin password.
We cannot give a new Belkin password, it doesn't work that way, but we can reset the router and add a new password XXXXX Ok, please follow the steps below to reset the router. Please note the wireless network name will be changed to "BELKIN" and no password XXXXX be asked (we can setup a password XXXXX all is working OK)

1- Make sure the wireless router is turned ON.

2- Press and hold down the "reset" button on the back of your router for 30 seconds. The reset button is inside a very tiny hole on the back of the router. Please use a paper clip to push it for 30 seconds

3- Then release the button and wait 60 seconds. (yes, 60 seconds please)

4- Then unplug the router from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and replug it to the electricity outlet

5- Make sure the internet modem is connected to the "WAN" or the "Internet" port on the back of the router

6- Unplug the internet modem from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and then replug it to the electricity outlet.

7- Wait 5 minutes (yes, 5 minutes please)

8- After the 5 minutes connect to the Belkin network from your Nook and from your computer

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did your instructions twice and still doesn't connect
Is your computer or the Nook asking for a network password ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

John, I went through the hook-up Information twice, but could not connect to the Nook.

The Nook is not asking for a password. The problem is how to connect the router to the Nook.

To connect to an appropriate Wi-Fi® network, tap the wi-fi icon on your Home screen, and check that Airplane mode is "off."

Then check that Wi-Fi® is set to "on," then tap on "Wi-Fi hotspot" and either add a network or select an available network that is listed. Please give a minute for your NOOK to search and display available Wi-Fi® networks.

Then select your wireless network

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
One answer was accepted earier
You are right, I apologize. Is the Nook working fine now? Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I accepted earier by mistake. This last answer did the job. Thank you for your patience.
That's great! Thank you very much for accepting.

Please don't forget to feedback me here:
http://www.justanswer.com/feedback/leave-feedback.aspx

Positive feedback is greatly appreciated and very important to us.

Thank you

John Cappucci