Now there are many possible things that might have taken place. I will walk you through them and try to figure out whats wrong.
Try One by One, until your comp works:
1. Observe the power supply cable properly (smell it) to see if its sockets are damaged. If yes, replace it.
2. Try to plug in the power cord of your desktop into some other socket in your house. Now see if your PC is working.
3. Does the Fan in the power supply unit in tower turns on. If not, maybe your power supply (its a box inside your CPU cabinet) fuse has blown. Or maybe more damage is done to the power supply. So, you either need to replace the fuse (see if its burnt) or else replace the power supply. (you can buy online)
4. Its possible that the CMOS battery has gone dead. its a button type battery on motherboard. Replace it and hopefully it will sove your problems.
You will have to shut down computer. Open up the tower casing. Look up the motherboard. Use blower to clean up all dust. You will find a battery as shown below:
You can buy it at any electronic / computer store.
5. Reinsert the RAM modules located on motherboard.
6. If this does not work than damage is done to your motherboard or RAM or Graphics card or some other card and it needs to be repaired or replaced.
Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.
Please click "ACCEPT" so that I get paid.
(You need to click ACCEPT even if you are a SUBSCRIPTION or TRIAL member)
Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.