Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.

What is/are the motherboards primary purpose(s) (Points

Customer Question

What is/are the motherboard's primary purpose(s)? (Points: 3)
house the CPU
enable communication between the CPU and devices
enable communication between devices
all of the above
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Viet - Computer Tech :

The answer is "all of the above".

Customer :

great

Customer :

I have 9 more multichoice questions, istha alright

Customer :

The _______ of the CPU manages data and instructions entering and leaving the CPU. (Points: 3)
Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU)
Cache
Control Unit
Input/Output (I/O) Unit

Viet - Computer Tech :

ok

Viet - Computer Tech :

I'm checking

Viet - Computer Tech :

Input/Output (I/O) Unit

Customer :

DRAM ______ need refreshing, and is used for ______ memory. (Points: 3)
does, cache
does, main
doesn't, cache
doesn't, main

Viet - Computer Tech :

does, main

Customer :

Which processor has the highest system (external) bus speed from the list below? (Points: 3)
Classic Pentium
Pentium II
Pentium III
Pentium 4 Extreme Edition with HT

Viet - Computer Tech :

Pentium 4 Extreme Edition with HT

Customer :

Which of the following is the only statement about RIMMs Modules that is NOT true? (Points: 3)
You can leave RIMMs slots blank with no module inserted and fill them at a later time.
When upgrading, you cannot use any RIMM you want, you have to match them to those already on the mother board.
Upgrade later, but you must use C-RIMMs as a placeholder for any slot that does not have a RIMM.
Upgrade later by replacing any C-RIMM module with a RIMM module that matches those already installed on the motherboard.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Customer :

One of the most common motherboard form factors used today is the _____ style. (Points: 3)
AT
ATX
LTX
XLT

Viet - Computer Tech :

ATX

Customer :

One good idea in motherboard and memory maintenance, especially if you are receiving memory errors is to periodically _____. (Points: 3)
apply a small amount of oil to the chips to keep them cool
wipe the board down with a paper towel
blow the dust off the board and memory sockets
operate the PC with the side panel removed

Viet - Computer Tech :

Customer :

Another name for the microprocessor in a motherboard is _______. (Points: 3)
CPU
GPU
AMD
IRQ

Viet - Computer Tech :

CPU

Customer :

L2 cache memory can and has in the past existed in systems as: (Points: 3)
individual chips on a system board.
in a COAST module installed on the system board.
inside the housing of a Pentium II or higher CPU.
All of the above.
None of the above

Viet - Computer Tech :

Customer :

To help secure a computer, you can set a startup or "power-on" password XXXXX that the startup BIOS will ask for the password XXXXX the boot process. This password XXXXX XXXXX in _______. (Points: 3)
BIOS
CMOS RAM
DDR RAM
the CPU

Viet - Computer Tech :

CMOS RAM

Customer :

Thanks alot i luv this websit n u guys here Vito ur the man.

Viet - Computer Tech :

You're welcome!

Viet - Computer Tech :

Thank you for always using JustAnswer.com.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Please click on Accept if you are finished.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Thanks again.

Experience: Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.