TechGuy
TechGuy, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  MCSE, CCEA, A+
33491607

why does the ink rub off the photos, even days after print

why does the ink rub off the photos, even days after printing.
Category: Computer
Expert:  TechGuy replied 3 years ago.

TechGuy :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

TechGuy :

can you tell me what type of printer and paper you are using?

Customer :

HP officejet Pro 8000 wireless

TechGuy :

Most of the time this is due to the quality of the paper or by printing on the wrong side of the paper.

TechGuy :

Are you using HP photo paper?

Customer :

Using HP advanced paper glossy.

TechGuy :

Have you adjusted the printer when you print to use the advanced glossy paper?

Customer :

How do I do that?

TechGuy :

Does a box pop up when you print a photo?

TechGuy :

On you pc asking you to choose the HP printer

TechGuy :

here are the steps directly from HP, it may be easier. Make sure during step 5, under paper type you choose advanced glossy.

TechGuy :

1. In the software program you are trying to print from, click File and then click Print .

The Print dialog box opens.

2. Select your product, and then click Properties .

The printer Properties dialog box opens.

3. Click the Printing shortcuts tab.

4. Under Printing shortcuts , click the type of job you are trying to print.

5. Review the following options, and then make any necessary changes.

• Paper size : Make sure that the selected option matches your paper size.

• Paper type : If one of the options matches your paper type exactly, select that option.

• Print quality : If you are not satisfied with your printed page quality, or want more densely printed prints, increase the print quality. To print more quickly, or for lighter prints, decrease the print quality.

6. Click the Features tab.

7. Check the Print in Grayscale setting

• If you are trying to print in color, select Color Options , and then make sure that Print in Grayscale is not selected.

• If you are printing a black and white image, select Print in Grayscale to fix streaking in black areas.

8. Click OK , and then click OK again to start the print job.

TechGuy :

To give you an idea of what is happening, the printer will adjust the amount of ink that it puts on the paper by the paper type. Each paper type absorbs different amounts of ink. So for the best results, the paper type specified for the printer should match the paper type being used.

Customer :

I'll try your suggestion.

Customer :

Will I be charged all that money for this one visit, or will i be able to ask other questions some time.

TechGuy :

If you are happy with my assistance you can click ACCEPT so that I can be paid for my time. But you can always return to this question if you have problems and add additional information and I will be notified.

TechGuy, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: MCSE, CCEA, A+