CompuGeek
CompuGeek, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  MCA (Masters of Computer Application)
47701907

How do I turn the Power save mode off on my HP4500 All in one

How do I turn the Power save mode off on my HP4500 All in one? When it is on we can't receive faxes and it doesn't allow them to be stored.
Category: Computer
Expert:  CompuGeek replied 3 years ago.

CompuGeek :

Please give the complete model number of the AIO printer.

Customer :

HP4500 G510N-Z

CompuGeek :

this is the first step you need to follow

CompuGeek :
Performing a power reset of the All-in-One
Use the following steps to perform a power reset.

1. Press the Power button ([IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] ) to turn off the product.

NOTE: The product might not turn off after pressing the Power button. Continue to the next step regardless.

2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

3. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.

4. Wait 30 seconds.

5. Replug the power cord into the electrical outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

7. Press the Power button ([IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] ) to turn on the product.

Customer :

We have done this and it keeps going in to sleep mode we want to completely disable the sleep mode.

Customer :

We haven't done the fax diagnostics test.

CompuGeek :

please do that

CompuGeek :

Try to reset the printer by following these steps- turn it off, hold the # XXXXX 6 keys while and a little after turning it on. If this does not work try it with the # XXXXX 9 keys.

This may erase some of your fax and print settings, but may fix the sleep problem.

CompuGeek :

You need to update the firmware of the printer as well

CompuGeek :

after updating the firmware if the problem still appears you need to get the printer replaced from hp.

CompuGeek :

Are you there?

CompuGeek :

This is what HP says:

If the issue persists, I regret to inform you that the issue is related with the hardware malfunction of the unit. However, as the unit is covered under warranty, I would be happy to process the request for a replacement All-in-One. However, the All-in-One is a collateral product, that is, you would be required to ship the defective All-in-One on receipt of the replacement. Therefore, you would be required to provide us the credit card information as security.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-networking-and-wireless/HP4500-officejet-wireless-ASLEEP-Power-Save-Mode/td-p/292832

CompuGeek :

Please ask in case you need further support or have any questions.

CompuGeek :

If all your question was answered to your satisfaction you may hit the accept button to reward the time we spent

Customer :

I had to step away to get ready for work. I will have my daughter do what you suggest. Would we have to do this everytime the power save kicks on? I will see about maybe replacing this unit because it has had other issues since we bought it.

Customer :

Can I either print the instructions or can I save them so I can perform it a little later?

CompuGeek :

no not all the time

CompuGeek :

If the unit is under warranty get it replaced asap as i gave you the evidence that this unit has a common problem regarding the sleep issue

CompuGeek :

CompuGeek :

If all your question was answered to your satisfaction you may hit the accept button to reward the time we spent.

Customer :

one more question. When I hit the accept button can I come back to view our chat so I can follow the instructions you gave?

CompuGeek :

yes you can get it in your email as well

CompuGeek, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: MCA (Masters of Computer Application)
Expert:  CompuGeek replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  CompuGeek replied 3 years ago.
here it is as you requested.