Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
23822421

I have a Lexmark Pro205 printer. replaced the print cartridges.

I have a Lexmark Pro205 printer. replaced the print cartridges. Printed test page ok. When I tried to print in color I have not been able to get color to print. I have removed and replaced the new cartridges 5-6 times. The tops of all four cartridges line up with each other. I have tried printing the test page that shows the color bands. No color bands print just the black ink.Putting the old cartridges back in does not get any color. Just got the original test page with color, then no more color. Where do I go next ? I am a retired IBMCE but do not have any documents for repairing this printer. Do you have a document I can download online Thanks. XXXXX XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow the steps below:

1- Remove ALL the ink cartridges from the printer

2- Check that there is no residual tape on the cartridges.

3- Then clean the contacts (the hole where the ink comes out) on the cartridges as well as inside the printer itself

NOTE: Clean the contacts with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

4- If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging, replace them with genuine and original ones.

5- Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 60 seconds

6- Insert the cartridges and check to see if the issue persists

7- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

8- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is ink at the holes of both the cartridges and the holes they plug in. Now the black is fading out and nothing is printing even when I try to copy the test document. Next?
OK, thank you. Are you using genuine Lexmark cartridges or generic/refilled ones? Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
new ones purchased at OfficeMax
Lexmark brand?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes.
OK, last question: If you make a copy from the glass, does it work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, that was the last thing I just tried. This just started at the time I put new cartridges in the printer. The color cartridges has run out of ink.
Ok, we have 2 options here. Please see below:

Option 1: the cartridges are defective (that happens sometimes). If you can, replace them by new and original Lexmark cartridges. (but you have already done it)

Option 2: If you replace the cartridges and you still get the same issue, then the printhead is defective. (The printhead is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page) Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace than the machine itself. If your printer is still in warranty you can call LEXMARK at 1-800-(539-6275) and ask for a free printer replacement.

Please note I do NOT work for LEXMARK so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

Experience: Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified