Jason
Jason, Computer Expert
Experience: 
Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

Citrix on my laptop isnt working. Did some Internet Explorer

<p>Citrix on my laptop isn't working. Did some Internet Explorer 8 updates on my laptop. Now Citrix isn't recognized. How do I fix this? Here is the error message I get when attempting to log on to my Citrix account on my laptop: MYAR-A18Q-CM+Q/CitrixLogonPoint</p><p> </p>
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Greetings,

- Click Start Button > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
- Choose to Restore to an earlier time > Click Next.
- Choose a date at least 3 days before you ran the IE8 updates.
- Click NEXT > NEXT > NEXT.
- Your computer will restart and your issue will be gone.

Please, update me on your status if you have any problems or questions.

If you are satisfied with my help, please click the Accept button and I will in effect be awarded credit from this site for helping you. In any case, I wish you a great day.

Thank you // Peace.

Customer :

I don't get any dates on the list other than 1/10/11.

Customer :

This didn't help. I was stuck at step 3 and could not complete step 3 fully.

Customer :

Oh hi. thanks. the only date avail in that step was today's and it was about the windows update I had just installed..

Customer :

...

Computer Extraordinaire :

Did you try clicking the left arrow to the left of the month January? So you can go back to last month?

Computer Extraordinaire :

Ok

Customer :

no. let me try that. I did the stupid system restore with that date. so it is in System Restore right now. Can I stop or undo it right now?

Computer Extraordinaire :

No no.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Just let it run it's path.

Customer :

I did click on the arrow, but it was a down or up arrow and only scrolled between ONE date - today's date.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Once it reboots, try a later date.

Customer :

ok. will let it run. let me know what to do when it is done. sorry I did that.

Computer Extraordinaire :

No problem.

Customer :

I will try a later date, but will need to walk the steps through with you so I don't miss the crucial step again.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Thank you for your patience.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Ok

Customer :

how long will this take to let Sys Res run thru?

Computer Extraordinaire :

The duration varies. A couple minutes to 10 minutes.

Customer :

ok. waiting.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Waiting.

Customer :

looks like it is restarting and going to get back to my user logon page....hold on...

Computer Extraordinaire :

Ok

Customer :

black screen, cursor waiting. motor running. it's a Toshiba - acts like an old man though and is just 2 years old I think. maybe older. time flies. ok, something's happening. got a tone and windows icon and now the user page is loading.

Customer :

"please wait..." got the user page. log on?

Computer Extraordinaire :

Yes, please.

Customer :

logging. letting apps, etc load on bottom bar... Right now it is spinning and saying just 'welcome. Will tell you when it is all loaded up

Customer :

almost

Computer Extraordinaire :

Thank you

Customer :

tones. desktop on. bottom bar not quite loaded up.

Customer :

spinning cursor.

Customer :

It says System Restore completed successfully. The system has been restored to 1/10/2011. Your documents have not been affected. and then the close box. By the way, will this next restore ruin all my network settings, wifi, etc.? I just need Citrix to work again and allow me to log on. Should I try Citrix again first before we head into the System Restore steps?

Computer Extraordinaire :

Yes please

Customer :

Wow. this is crappy. now it takes too long to load even a network settings window. my network seems to be gone now. grr.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Which part of the network?

Computer Extraordinaire :

Did it erase your profiles?

Customer :

what are profiles? I am really not savvy.

Customer :

first I am just trying to get my wifi or just get ability back to get onto internet.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Wireless profiles.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Well, lets restore to a time before the updates. Then we can get the laptop back online.

Customer :

I am seeing it is connected 'Local only' on the wifi icon. I have been having issues with this, but maybe that is why Citrix is not working...?

Customer :

ok.

Customer :

will do. tell me where to start. thanks.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Before we started, were you able to access the Internet on the computer?

Customer :

is there a way to tell if a problem is the router (old, tenuous signals) or if there is just some software or hardware issue with my old Toshiba? Which is likely to be a culprit for losing wifi on this laptop and for glitching up the Citrix regularly. This all started on Sunday. Since then, wifi is off and on. Then cable co came out. it was not the modem. he said it was likely the Toshiba. My imac is fine. now it's fine. it wasn't connecting. but it is hardwired to modem and router right now. I dont' understand it all....sigh.

Customer :

ok. ready now to do the system thing with you.

Customer :

oh. yes, before we started, I was able to get online.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Ok

Customer :

ready.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Computer Extraordinaire :

Let me know when you are there.

Customer :

all I see now are three choices. Undo: Restore Operation and the datea nd time on that is 1/11/2011 at 1:47:23 a.m.

Customer :

The other is 1/11/2011 and says Manual: before IE8 updates messed up Citrix (I created that one)

Customer :

The third is 1/10/2011 8:30:08PM and ays Install: Windows Vista Service Pack 2

Customer :

Those are the only dates I am shown.

Customer :

actually, the Choose to Restore to an earlier time is actually called "Choose a different restore point"

Customer :

The other choice is Undo System Restore: I did not click on that. I clicked on the Chooe a diff restore point and it takes me to those three choices above. that's it. any ideas?

Computer Extraordinaire :

Can you click the left arrow that is to the left of the "JANUARY"?

Customer :

sadly there is no left arrow to the letf of January. There is no "january". Just the three choices in that format of 1/11/2011 1:47:23 a.m. and Undo: Restore Operation

Customer :

etc.

Customer :

oh, just so you know, the wifi says local and internet connection now. it is letting me get web access again. if that helps.

Computer Extraordinaire :

ok Good

Computer Extraordinaire :

Try your citrix connection once more please.

Customer :

but things seem to load slower too. even the non online pages seem slow and rickety.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Is Citrix working?

Customer :

Let me check

Customer :

it looks like it is going to cramp up wher it has been stopping before....;-(

Computer Extraordinaire :

ok

Computer Extraordinaire :

Do you have the Citrix installation program?

Customer :

IE has restricted this site from showing certain content and now it says OOPS! Internet Explorer could not find ctxaac01.ceenta.com. That is the domain for our remote access Citrix. We log on from home to the work app.

Customer :

Where would this installation pgm be? online? cd? usually only IT at work will install it for my spouse.

Computer Extraordinaire :

It may be anywhere. When I worked in IT at an office, I put the installation program on a CD for the employees, but I don't know their policy.

Customer :

I think it's at work. He will prob have to take this in to work and have them do the tweaks and installs. That is usually how he does it. It hasn't been letting him on from home for a few days now.

Computer Extraordinaire :

I see.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Yes a reinstall of the Citrix Application and perhaps the creation of new Citrix shortcuts will solve the issue.

Customer :

He usually has the IT dept. load it onto our laptop. Could it be doing this because the system at work is down? Or busy? The snow has shut down the offices and the city basically. We are snowed in here. maybe Citrix is down from the main area???

Customer :

i hate computer problems.

Customer :

should I Undo the Restore Operation?

Computer Extraordinaire :

If the office's server is down or not online, then you will not be able to Citrix in.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Yes, undo the Restore

Computer Extraordinaire :

Is there someone that you can call and ask if the servers are up?

Customer :

What kind of errors should I be getting if the work Citrix is down? Should it just say I can't log in or would I be getting these weird error messages? How can I tell if it is just the Citrix system shut down at work, or if it's my ancient and overworked laptop? Are there any kind of default or standard settings that a laptop needs to run properly?

Customer :

Oh, no one to call at this hour now. I am sure he can in the a.m. But even today, there wasn't anyone there. And there was even a burglary a few days ago. Maybe it is all being shut down so they can do some checking. I wish I knew the difference in the error messages. Do you?

Customer :

I am waiting for that Restore thing now.....zzzzz

Computer Extraordinaire :

It is hard to know exactly what is causing the failed connection.

Customer :

well, I will wait and see what happens. probably a cocktail of bad weather, system down, and the burglary incident. maybe nothing is wrong here after all.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Very possible.

Computer Extraordinaire :

In any case, I suggest that one of you get hold of the IT person at work and have him or her reinstall the full Citrix application in totality. It is a touch application.

Computer Extraordinaire :

How is the process going over there?

Customer :

getting my logon page back. it's slow. almost...

Computer Extraordinaire :

Ok

Computer Extraordinaire :

Status?

Customer :

much slower now and no Citrix.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Ok

Computer Extraordinaire :

That is bad news.

Customer :

Iwill just pay you for your time. thanks for trying.

Computer Extraordinaire :

It appears that this resolve will see the light of day only after the IT person reinstalls Citrix.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Oh, thank you greatly.

I thank you for your time and patience.

Computer Extraordinaire :

It is getting late, I wish you a great night.

Customer :

i'm fed up with not knowing where the problem really is originating. is it wifi? is it old laptop? Is it some setting I should tweak? Is it just an idle system at work that is shut down for a few days? Is it something I can change on my laptop to allow Citrix? did new updates ruin my citrix access? If only I could address all that and diagnose and rule out each one. but I cna't.

Customer :

anyway, thanks for trying.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Thank you & Goodnight

Computer Extraordinaire :

Once you click the Accept button, I will close this ticket and be off for the night.

Customer :

Nothing was really resolved, but I will accept. I don't think I would use this service again though. Sorry. I needed someone more expert in Citrix. But thank you for your time.

Jason, Computer Expert
Experience: