Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience: 
Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

Why is Citrix on my computer?

Citrix on my laptop isn't working. I did some Internet Explorer 8 updates on my laptop. Now Citrix isn't recognized. How do I fix this? Here is the error message I get when attempting to log on to my Citrix account on my laptop: MYAR-A18Q-CM+Q/CitrixLogonPoint.

Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 years ago.

Computer Extraordinaire:

- Click Start Button > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
- Choose to Restore to an earlier time > Click Next.
- Choose a date at least 3 days before you ran the IE8 updates.
- Click NEXT > NEXT > NEXT.
- Your computer will restart and your issue will be gone.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

I don't get any dates on the list other than 1/10/11.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

I was stuck at step 3 and could not complete step 3 fully.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

The only date avail in that step was today's and it was about the windows update I had just installed..

Computer Extraordinaire:

Did you try clicking the left arrow to the left of the month January? So you can go back to last month?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

No. let me try that. I did the stupid system restore with that date. So it is in System Restore right now. Can I stop or undo it right now?

Computer Extraordinaire:

No.

Computer Extraordinaire:

Just let it run its path.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

I did click on the arrow, but it was a down or up arrow and only scrolled between ONE date and that’s today's date.

Computer Extraordinaire:

Once it reboots, try a later date.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

Ok, I will let it run.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

I will try a later date, but will need to walk the steps through with you so I don't miss the crucial step again.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

How long will this take to let Sys Res run thru?

Computer Extraordinaire:

The duration varies. It could take a couple minutes to 10 minutes.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

It looks like it’s restarting and going to get back to my user logon page.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

Black screen, cursor waiting, and the motor is running. It's a Toshiba and is just 2 years old I think, maybe older. Something’s happening. I got a tone and windows icon and now the user page is loading.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

I got the user page. Should I log on?

Computer Extraordinaire:

Yes, please.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

Im logging on and letting apps, etc load on bottom bar. Right now it is spinning and saying just 'welcome. Will tell you when it is all loaded up

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

The tones and the desktop are on. The bottom bar is not quite loaded up.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

Is there a spinning cursor?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

It says System Restore completed successfully. The system has been restored to 1/10/2011. Your documents have not been affected, and then the close box. By the way, will this next restore ruin all my network settings, WIFI, etc.? I just need Citrix to work again and allow me to log on. Should I try Citrix again first before we head into the System Restore steps?

Computer Extraordinaire:

Yes

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

Now it takes too long to load even a network settings window. My network seems to be gone now.

Computer Extraordinaire:

Which part of the network?

Computer Extraordinaire:

Did it erase your profiles?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

What are profiles?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

First I am just trying to get my WIFI or just get ability back to get onto internet.

Computer Extraordinaire:

Wireless profiles.

Computer Extraordinaire:

Well, let’s restore to a time before the updates. Then we can get the laptop back online.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

I am seeing it is connected 'Local only' on the WIFI icon. I have been having issues with this, but maybe that is why Citrix is not working?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

Will do, can you tell me where to start.

Computer Extraordinaire:

Before we started, were you able to access the Internet on the computer?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

Is there a way to tell if a problem is the router (old, tenuous signals) or if there is just some software or hardware issue with my old Toshiba? Which is likely to be a culprit for losing WIFI on this laptop and for glitching up the Citrix regularly? This all started on Sunday. Since then, the WIFI is off and on. Then the cable co came out. It was not the modem. He said it was likely the Toshiba. My imac is fine it wasn't connecting. But it is hardwired to modem and router right now.

Computer Extraordinaire:

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

All I see now are three choices. Undo: Restore Operation and the date and time on that is 1/11/2011 at 1:47:23 a.m.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

The other is 1/11/2011 and says Manual: before IE8 updates messed up Citrix (I created that one)

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

The third is 1/10/2011 8:30:08PM and says Install: Windows Vista Service Pack 2

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

Those are the only dates I am shown.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

Actually, “Choose to Restore” to an earlier time is actually called "Choose a different restore point"

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

The other choice is Undo System Restore: I did not click on that. I clicked on the Choose a diff restore point and it takes me to those three choices above. Do you have any ideas?

Computer Extraordinaire:

Can you click the left arrow that is to the left of the "JANUARY"?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

There is no left arrow to the left of January. There is no "January". Just the three choices in that format of 1/11/2011 1:47:23 a.m. and Undo: Restore Operation.etc.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

The WIFI says local and internet connection now. It is letting me get web access again.

Computer Extraordinaire:

Try your Citrix connection once more.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

Things seem to load slower too. Even the non online pages seem slow and rickety.

Computer Extraordinaire:

Is Citrix working?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

It looks like it is going to cramp up where it has been stopping before.

Computer Extraordinaire:

Do you have the Citrix installation program?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

IE has restricted this site from showing certain content and now it says OOPS! Internet Explorer could not find ctxaac01.ceenta.com. That is the domain for our remote access Citrix. We log on from home to the work app.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

Where would this installation PGM be? Would it be online, or would it be on a CD? Usually only IT at work will install it for.

Computer Extraordinaire:

It may be anywhere. When I worked in IT at an office, I put the installation program on a CD for the employees, but I don't know their policy.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

I think it's at work. He will have to take this in to work and have them do the tweaks and installs. That is usually how he does it. It hasn't been letting him on from home for a few days now.

Computer Extraordinaire:

Yes a reinstall of the Citrix Application and perhaps the creation of new Citrix shortcuts will solve the issue.

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

He usually has the IT dept. load it onto our laptop. Could it be doing this because the system at work is down? Or busy? The snow has shut down the offices and the city basically. We are snowed in here. Maybe Citrix is down from the main area?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

Should I Undo the Restore Operation?

Computer Extraordinaire:

If the office's server is down or not online, then you will not be able to Citrix in.

Computer Extraordinaire:

Yes, undo the Restore

Computer Extraordinaire:

Is there someone that you can call and ask if the servers are up?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

What kind of errors should I be getting if the work Citrix is down? Should it just say I can't log in? Or would I be getting these weird error messages? How can I tell if it is just the Citrix system shut down at work, or if it's my ancient and overworked laptop? Is there any kind of default or standard settings that a laptop needs to run properly?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

Oh, no one to call at this hour now. I am sure he can in the a.m. I wish I knew the difference in the error messages. Do you?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

I am waiting for that Restore thing now.

Computer Extraordinaire:

It is hard to know exactly what is causing the failed connection.

Computer Extraordinaire:

In any case, I suggest that one of you get hold of the IT person at work and have him or her reinstall the full Citrix application in totality. It is a touch application.

Computer Extraordinaire:

How is the process going over there?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

I’m getting my logon page back. It’s slow.

Computer Extraordinaire:

What is the status?

JACUSTOMER-wuk99lwf- :

It is much slower now and no Citrix.

Computer Extraordinaire:

It appears that this resolve will see the light of day only after the IT person reinstalls Citrix.

Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience: