Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster, Consultant
Experience:  MICROSOFT PC SAFETY, WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE, WINDOWS GENUINE, & I.T. SPECIALIST
16299369

My dell tower had a yellow light for the power i guess because

My dell tower had a yellow light for the power i guess because of dust so i open it up and clean all the dust out but i still have an yellow light can u help me
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anthony Brewster replied 6 years ago.

Hello, the yellow light means your power supply is dead and you need to replace it. Can you tell me the Model/Series of this computer?

Example: Dell Dimension 2400

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
serial no 2tr8y71 model dhp..... sometimes if comes on and it stays green but my sceen turns yellow the power button so i don't see anything it was a lot of dust in it but i clean it all out

Thanks! Please replace the Power Supply to fix this problem and you will be back up and running in no time.

Power Supply Replacement

http://cgi.ebay.com/250WATT-DELL-POWER-SUPPLY-OPTIPLEX-GX280-U4714-/110616163841?pt=PCA_UPS&hash=item19c13cb601

Dell Manuals

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx280/en/index.htm

DELL: 1-800-999-3355

BEST OF LUCK!
GOD BLESS!

:)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok the power supply model number is XXXXX the one in the pic on ebay aint the rt one

The Power Supply Link I gave you was for a Dell Optiplex GX280. That is the correct one. If yours has a HP in it right now, then that could be the reason why this happened. You should have a DELL inside that case.

:)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it said dell and also i can't up plug the cords from the cd rom its like its struck or something

The only thing you need to remove from the hard drive, dvd/cd-rom is the White Power Cable and thats it.

:)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thats what im having problems doing!!

It can be hard to remove those at first. You have to move it up and down and from left to right to losen it up, sometimes they can be a pain. But it will come out.

:)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok i got it out where can i go buy this part beside on ebay

Sadly, since this part is old, you cant get it from dell anymore, and the newer models that are out will not work/fit into this unit. Ebay is your best bet and its cheaper.

:)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can u check for the model number i gave u cause the one showing on ebay looks to big this one i have is very narrow and the one showing on ebay is fat which want fit in my unit at all

Sure, there are 2 different types.

1) Tower

2) Mini Tower

The first CPU is for the Tower, and this one below....

http://cgi.ebay.com/DELL-U5427-PS-5161-7DS-OptiPlex-GX280-SFF-Power-Supply-/280566459198?pt=PCA_UPS&hash=item4153106b3e

:)