Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

can I forward email from one aol email account to another aol

can I forward email from one aol email account to another aol email account
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need. Please note that we are not AOL. Do you mean forward one message to anohter AOL account, or are you asking about forwarding all future e-mails that you receive to another AOL account?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i actually only have one aol account but I have two screen names one for a business and one for personal use. I have the personal emails sent to my cell phone but would like by buisiness emails to go there as well but can only have one aol email account on my phone.
Yes. You can do it but it is not a simple process because AOL does not provide e-mail forwarding to its users. There is a workaround which vwould basically require you to set up a Gmail account just to retrieve the e-mails from your business AOL account then forward them on to the private account on your phone. Here are the steps:

1. Start by creating a free GMail account at
  2. Once you are in your new inbox, click Settings at the top right of the screen.
  3. Click Accounts
  4. Under 'Get Mail from other accounts' click 'Add another mail account'.
  5. Type your AOL e-mail address and click Next Step.
  6. Type your password XXXXX leave the POP settings the way they are (the standard settings should work fine for you).
  7. Choose the other options such as 'Leave mail on server' which will place everything in the Old Mail folder on AOL once GMail gets it. If you leave this unchecked, you will no longer have any mail in AOL. Click 'Add Account'.
  8. If you want all of your current AOL mail forwarded to your new e-mail address, then immediately go to the 'Fowarding and POP/IMAP' tab on top.
  9. In 'Forwarding', type your e-mail address into the box and choose whether to keep GMails copy or not. Click 'Save Settings'.
After you do that, you'll then have successfully set up an AOL forward, through Gmail. Let me know if you have questions along the way or if this helps. Thanks.