Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

Hi, I cannot get sound from my acer laptop no matter what.

Hi, I cannot get sound from my acer laptop no matter what. ? Could u possibly help?
I have gone into settings without any luck and it was working perfectly a few hours ago.
Thanks daniel
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be the JustAnswer.com expert assisting you today.

Please make sure that you have the volume turned all the way up in the system tray. Right click the small gray speaker icon in the system tray (lower right corner of your screen). Then select Open volume mixer. Make sure speakers and system sounds are turned all the way up.

If that doesn't work, try:

1. Right click the speaker icon in the system tray (lower right corner of your screen).
2. Select Sound
3. Select the playback tab
4. Select speakers and then click the properties button
5. Select the levels tab and make sure that Volume Control, Main Volume, Speakers, and PC speaker are turned all the way up (Please note that you may not see all of these options, just turn up the ones you do see)
5. Select the Enhancements tab if you have it
6. Check the Loudness Equalization box if that is an option
7. Check the Enable Sound Equalizer if that is an option and then the more settings button. If you want you can play around with the equalizer presets to see if that gives you better quality sound.
7. Select the SRS Audio Enchancement tab if you see it
8. Check the Enable SRS Premium Sound box
9. Press OK twice

Also, run this:

<CLICK HERE>

**If my help fixes your issue, make sure to press ACCEPT. My work is not recognized nor do I get paid unless you do, even if you are a subscriber or trial member. Otherwise, click REPLY and tell me what happened so that I can provide further assistance. Thank you.**
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Done most of the stuff recommended. I am speaking to you on my laptop. Could you send me the fix it windows site to my laptop via email? Is this possible?
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
I'm terribly sorry, I don't have the ability to send it to your email. I can only post the link to it in this forum, did you click the link?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I went thru the whole business and it is very close but still no fix.I know something is disabled withnthe speakers
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Hmm...thanks for trying that.

Before troubleshooting any further, lets try a quick system restore. This will take your computer back to a date/time when the sound was working correctly. It can be undone as well so it doesn't hurt to try it.

Go to Start > Type system restore in the search box > Select system restore from the results > Follow the prompts to restore your computer to an earlier date, try to pick one that is closest to today. Then restart the computer and let me know if the sound comes back on.
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience: 6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The troubleshooting report says audio device is disabled. U must know what to do. I have gone to everything and enabeled but obviously not
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Hmm...did you enable it within device manager? (Click Start > type devmgmt.msc > press enter > Look for sound, video, and game controllers and double click it. Then right click and select enable for all devices there if they let you. Also tell me if you see a node that says Other devices within the device manager.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nearly there