holyoke_ma_comp
holyoke_ma_comp, Computer Guru
Experience:  Over 13 years of professional computer experience. desktop support, programming, web development.
41445306

can i put my outlook pst file in the cloud

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  holyoke_ma_comp replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

When you say put it in the cloud, where would you be looking to put it?

Brian
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have dropbox and I wanted to put the .pst file in dropbox and the access it from my iPad or another computer.

Well, I suppose you could actually put the PST file up on dropbox, but accessing it the way you normally would in Outlook would not be possible, unless dropbox provides you a path to access it (which from my research they do not allow)

What you may want to do is get an email account that allows for IMAP support. Using IMAP may allow you to put the folders outside of a PST and then use something like mobile me to sync all your systems.

But to the question of the cloud based solution and just putting your PST up on Dropbox, you could do this, but you would not be able to access it the way you are looking to access it.

I hope this helps answer your question, even though it may not be the one you were looking for. If this has answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button on this answer. Positive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Just checking in to see if this has answered your question and if you need any further clarification.

Thanks,
Brian
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I already knew that this was difficult, I was looking to see how it can be done. So, no this did not answer my question fully, you did confirm the difficuly.

thanks
No problem. Would you like me to close the question?

Brian
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, so I decided to try it and placed the PST file in Dropbox and connected outlook from two different computers and it works.

I have not tried it from the iPad yet, but will later today.
Excellent!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not totally happy with the answer however, go ahead and process the fee.