Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

how do i bcc myself on outgoing emails - outlook 2007

how do i bcc myself on outgoing emails? - outlook 2007
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need. Now, do you see the "BCC" line already present when composing new/replying to existing e-mails, or no?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Then that's all you have to do is put your own e-mail address in the BCC line and whatever e-mail you do that in will be sent to you. Of course, if someone else replies and you reply back to an e-mail you had BCC'd yourself on, you'll need to re-add yourself to the BCC line each time, but auto-fill will make that a rather quick task. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I want to do it as a 'rule" --automatically
Hi - rules are not possible to generate a BCC. That would only work on the CC line. However, there is a free program that you can download from here:

You just have to click OK each time to start Outlook... and you basically just tell what address you want BCC'd, then you won't see it until it ends up in Sent Items that it automatically BCC'd that address. I just tried it out and it works great. Any other program would require a payment of $25-$30. Let me know how it goes; thanks.

Edited by Frederick S. on 1/5/2011 at 12:40 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok .. how about creating a rule for the cc line.. I want to cc myself on all outgoing emails?

So you no longer want to BCC yourself and instead want to CC yourself?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes...via a rule...automatically

Go to Rules & Alerts... New Rule > Start from blank rule - Apply rule on messages I send > Select no conditions > Click yes to prompt > Check "CC the message to people or public group" ... click people on the bottom half of the window and type your e-mail address and click OK, then click Next > Click Next on exceptions screen > Make sure turn on this rule is checked and not run this rule now then click Finish. I appreciate the opportunity to have assisted you. Please click Accept to ensure that I can get paid for my time (which is only a percentage of the deposit you already paid) once you have no further questions and consider your issues resolved. If you have additional questions, please feel free to click Reply and ask. Thank you.

Edited by Frederick S. on 1/5/2011 at 12:58 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
messages i send.... is not an option in Rules wizard step 1.
Try "check messages after sending"... it's the last rule option listed on the first screen. I have Outlook 2010 so the steps may be slightly different.

Edited by Frederick S. on 1/5/2011 at 12:59 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok.. I did that.

What do i check in Step 1 of rules wizard?

I'm assuming you mean Step 1: Select conditions. You don't check anything.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

you have to check something..

Check 'through the specified account' and just select the account you are wanting to set this up on in the bottom half.