Omar C
Omar C, Computer Support Hero
Experience:  Over 10 years of experience with PC/Mac Support, doing, well, just about everything.
27104984

hi, i want to wipe my laptop and start again as im having problems

Customer Question

hi, i want to wipe my laptop and start again as im having problems with the performance, i have the g720 and it came with windows vista pre installed. i dont have any disk to use but i do have the product key sticker on the base. can i do this or do i need to take it to a shop? Thanks Andrew
Category: Computer
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Is this an E-Machine G720?

If so what you will need to do is shut down the computer and then wait 30 seconds and power it back up, As it is powering up you will need to press and hold down the ALT key on your keyboartd and slowly tap the F10 key and it should take you to the restore partition if there is one installed on your machine.

From there you should be able to follow the prompts to wipe and reload your machine.

If that does not wortk you will need to follow this link and order a set of restore disks which will cost you around $25.00 https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=emachines

Let us know if you need any more info or clarification.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this is something ive alredy tried and info you can find for free on the internet easily. As i said i was hoping there was a way that meant i did not need to buy the disks. Thanks Andy
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

Sorry that my suggestions were something that you already tried, As these are the only way that this can be domne I will opt out and see if someone else can help.

Thanks

Expert:  Omar C replied 5 years ago.
Alternatively, if you know someone who has a Vista disc you can use theirs. Any disc will work; it's the product key on your laptop you will need. Either way, you will need to use a disc to install Vista.