Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

Why cant I see images in my Hotmail inbox from my friend on

Customer Question

Why can't I see images in my Hotmail inbox from my friend on gmail?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be the expert assisting you today.

You may need to add your friend to your safe senders list so that Hotmail will not try to automatically block links/pictures in the email.

Log into your Hotmail, click on inbox, then on the upper right click on Options > more options > click the safe and blocked senders link > make sure your friend's email addrss is added to the safe list and not on the block list.

Sometimes you will also get a notification like a yellow bar at the top of the email saying that hotmail has blocked images or links, just click that and select to enable everything.

Click the gray "Reply to your expert" button if this doesn't resolve your issue -
Let me know what happened so that I can continue to provide further help

Make sure to press ACCEPT if my solution works
My work is not recognized nor do I get paid unless you do
(Even if you are a subscriber or trial member)

Leave positive feedback, it is very important to us, thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Tried those.

Can see images from all my contacts, except this one. I used to be able to see hers. The problem may have started when I downlowded Windows Live?

Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately I am out of ideas - but I will opt out and give other experts a chance to try and solve your question. You'll get an email when another technician has posted to this page. They have access to this thread and can see everything we've tried so far. Thank you for you patience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I recieve many emails from my friends containing photos. Recently I became unable to see the photos (images) sent by one contact (I can see everyone elses) and she sends me many e mails daily. She says all her other contacts can see the photos but I can only see the text with empty frames containing a little red "x" in the upper left hand corner. I think this may have started when Hotmail instructed me to install "Windows Live"? or it could just be coincidense. She uses "g mail". I use IE 8 with windows "Hotmail" since I uninstalled "Windows Live" (this did not help).
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried that a long time ago. I am perplexed by this and have no answers from hotmail forums.