Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I am unable to receive or send e-mail from my Windows Live

I am unable to receive or send e-mail from my "Windows Live" account.

I popup comes on the e-mail screen and indicates an error:
"Logon server: pop.att.yahoo.com
"User name: [email protected]
"Password: *******
Shows triangle with yellow !.

Says to hit OK or cancel.

When you choose cancel the following comes up:
"Unable to send or receive messages for Bellsouth (cynjack) account. An incorrect password XXXXX entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you will be asked to enter your user name and password XXXXX this account.
Server error: 0x800CCC90"

What do I need to do to be able to send and receive e-mails on my Windows Live e-mail account??
Thank you.
Cynthia Harper
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 6 years ago.

Hello. I can assist you with your question.

Your login server is yahoo, and email addresses are blocked for privacy. Can you please provide just the part after the @ please?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
bellsouth.net

OK. First, it looks like you are going to be required to do something extra when you log in, which your email client cannot do by itself.

So please go to the following page. It is the webmail page for bellsouth.net and other domains. Type in your user name including the bellsouth.net.

Then let me know what happens - whether you can log it, need to change password, etc.

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.partner=sbc&.src=ym

Edited by XXXXX XXXXXnigan on 12/30/2010 at 7:27 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My e-mail is still in the same situation it was in the beginning: unable to send or receive e-mail without getting error sign in triangle.

Are you going to that page to log in? You had mentioned that you were using Windows Live Mail. I asked you to go to the page and log in through your browser. Are you saying that when you did that, it stil gave you the error? You did not tell me what the error said, but I'm assuming it was "wrong password XXXXX user name".

In order to help you, I will need you to be a little more interactive and tell me what's happening.

To reset your password, please go to the following link:

https://uversecentral2.att.com/uvp/home/password_reset?transactionId=YAH_3580237045111520&origination_point=yahoo&on_success_url=https://login.yahoo.com/config/login?.partner=sbc

That is specific to AT&T customers like you. Make sure you enter your entire email address as your user name.

Once you reset your password, if you are using windows live mail as you had indicated, just put the new password XXXXX when it asks you.

If you don't get through this or if you get an error along the way, please copy the exact error message so you can send it to me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The error message was the same as before. First, in a separate box on the screen, it says: "Logon server: pop.att.yahoo.com; then User name: [email protected]; then gives Password: ********.

When you hit "cancel" it then goes into another box that says: "Unable to send or receive messages for Bellsouth (cynjack) account. An incorrect password XXXXX entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you will be asdked to enter your user name and password XXXXX this account. Server error: 0x8800CCC90.

I did log into yahoo.com as you instructed. It stated "Password XXXXX Complete. The AT&T Password XXXXX Tool has successfully updated your connection information w/your newly created password." I was given: "User ID (member ID): [email protected] and Network Password: qha349.) I was told to keep this info. for future reference. I then received "Contact Technical Support Center" saying "The AT&T Password XXXXX Took is unable to automatically change your password XXXXX this time. To receive assistance for changing your password, please call 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX for customers residing in Florida."

This is the last I'm aware of I received.

Is there anything else you need to know from me?

That's exactly what I was asking for. Thank you, and wow, that was fast.

So right now, are you able to log into your email from the web page I sent you to, with either your old password XXXXX the new one they gave you?

If the first link doesn't work, try this one instead. This will start you at yahoo and redirect you to AT&T. It may be required to reset the email password.

http://tinyurl.com/BSYahooReset

Edited by XXXXX XXXXXnigan on 12/31/2010 at 12:41 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

You are asking if I'm able to log into my email from the web page you sent to me.

Would you please clarify the web page? Is it uversecentral2.att.com/uvp/home/password/reset

I don't know if that was the link I went to before or not. But it was a link you gave me to go to.

Actually, I'm referring to actually logging in to your email directly at:

Going to this page and entering your email address and password XXXXX allow you to see if it's accepting your password.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

OK. I'll log in to this yahoo.com link and see what happens.

What if this doesn't work?? Can I be back in touch with you somehow? The last time I seemed to be left out in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks!!

I certainly wouldn't do that - leaving you in the middle of nowhere.

Bookmark/Favorite this page and come back to it after you try it. You're just testing that page to see if your account information is working.

Also, please remember to click accept.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I tried again to log in to the yahoo.com--link and it does not work. It says "invalid password."

What do I do now??

Expert:  replied 6 years ago.

And you used your entire user name? If this is the case, now click on forgot password, follow the instructions, and then use the new password.

Please be careful to follow all instructions given to you about setting upi the new password. For example, if they send you a temporary one and tell you to change it, do that, etc. Then let me know when that's all set.