John, Computer Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

I have a dell optiplex gx620. I need to restore to the original

Customer Question

I have a dell optiplex gx620. I need to restore to the original state. It is a refurbished one and I have no recovery CD is there anyway to do this.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

cyball83 :

Hello my name is John

Welcome to Just answer

Please come to this chat so that i can help you

Customer :

can I restore my computer to original state without a cd?

cyball83 :

to do that i need to know whether you have changed the hard drive or not after the purchase of the computer

Customer :

No I have not.

cyball83 :

in that case you can

Customer :

great what do I have to do.

cyball83 :

please provide the service tag number so that i can check the procedure and let you know

Customer :

9Z07LB1

cyball83 :

one moment please

cyball83 :

please let me know

Customer :

Desktop computer.

cyball83 :

one moment please

cyball83 :

how many partitions are there in your hard drive

Customer :

I don't know, How would you find that out?

cyball83 :

open my computer and tell me how many drives are shown in there like C drive etc

Customer :

3

cyball83 :

one must be cd drive what about other two drive letters please

Customer :

A (floppy), D (dvd)

cyball83 :

and c drive only left which is data drive i believe

Customer :

Yes

cyball83 :

sorry to say your model doesn't come with recovery from hard drive which i mentioned early.so you need a recovery disc to do the recovery procedure

cyball83 :

i apologize for saying that early my mistake

cyball83 :

but you can order for recovery media

Customer :

How can I get a recovery disk?

cyball83 :

one moment please i will give the link for that you can fill that form and submit it online

cyball83 :

pleases check it and let me know if you have any doubts

Customer :

Thank you

cyball83 :

one moment please

cyball83 :

we can try one thing before that

cyball83 :

are you chatting from the same computer

Customer :

yes

cyball83 :

i will give some instructions to do the recovery it might work so please try that and then request for the recovery media

Customer :

OK, Thanks

cyball83 :

Turn on the computer.
As the computer starts, press <F8> on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
You must press <F8> before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press <F8> after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.
Press the <Down Arrow> on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press <Enter>.

Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.

cyball83 :

Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.

cyball83 :

Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.

cyball83 :

Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box. Click Next.

The computer is restored to the default factory configuration. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.

cyball83 :

copy this to a note pad then print it and do as it says.if this doesn't work then request for the recovery media

cyball83 :

is there anything else you want to know

cyball83 :

Please let me know

cyball83 :

If you wish to get me paid for the services I provide. Please don’t forget to click ACCEPT & leave a POSITIVE Feedback