Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

How do I convert a PVM photo to a JPEG

Customer Question

How do I convert a PVM photo to a JPEG?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Hi. I am Rick and I will be your Computer Expert. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

If you download Picasa from Google at the site below it can convert pvm phoos to jpeg.

http://picasa.google.com/

I hope that helps you out.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have Picasa and it does not recognize the file extension. I know that it is an older form of HP photo imaging for one of their cameras. I have HP Image Zone loaded on my system right now. What would happen if I downloaded the older version to see if I could open the photos that way?
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 5 years ago.

Yes, this is an old .pvm extension used by an old HP photo program. There is on conversion tool available for converting from .pvm to .jpg. But if you have that old hp program version (this software is not supported any more, so there is no download), you can install it to view the .pvm photos. Then you can use the Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard to capture the image, and save it to Paint program (from Start->All Programs->Accessories), or any of your photo program and save it as .jpg file.

Thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you provide me with the link for the conversion tool? I have tried downloading a number of converters, but once installed do not have the capabilities of actually converting the pvm extensions.
Sorry, as I've said previously, there is no conversion tool available for converting .pvm to anything else. Please read my previous answer below:

Yes, this is an old .pvm extension used by an old HP photo program. There is no conversion tool available for converting from .pvm to .jpg. But if you have that old hp program version (this software is not supported any more, so there is no download), you can install it to view the .pvm photos. Then you can use the Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard to capture the image, and save it to Paint program (from Start->All Programs->Accessories), or any of your photo program and save it as .jpg file.

Thanks,
-Viet
Experience: Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.