Wiz of All
Wiz of All, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  5 yrs of experience as Technical lead/Software Engineer/ Research Engineer
16249036

Is there anyway to show the file name on a picture in a slideshow,

Is there anyway to show the file name on a picture in a slideshow, either using Windows Live or PowerPoint?
hi,
Thank you for asking this question on justanswer.com

Do you want to see file name on the background slide show running on windows 7?

thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Want to see the file names on the actual slideshow, not screensaver, on windows 7. I'm not sure what you mean by background.

Thanks

There is no way to see file names on slide show in windows 7.
There is a workaround:
Go to 'Personalisation'. Near the bottom left of the window, if you have Slide Show on, you'll see the Slide Show word under Desktop Background.
Click on Desktop Background. That'll bring up the thumbnails of the pictures you've selected for Slide Show. Near the top right of the window, click Clear All. Then Save Changes.
You'll be brought back to the previous screen, the Slide Show word will now be replaced by the current wallpaper's filename.

Just repeat the steps and Select All the wallpapers to restart the Slide Show.

I hope this was what you were asking. If not, then please elaborate on your issue. Thanks. I'll be glad to help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There are two slide show players in Windows 7 (that I can find): Windows Live Photo Gallery & Pictures Library. Once you start the slide show, you must stop the slide show before you can do anything. I cannot see the Personalisation command. Which program are you using?
Please do the following:

Right-click any blank area of the desktop and select Personalize. This opens the Personalization window.

thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry that I was not clear. I want to run the picutres as stand alone slide show, not background wallpaper.
For a standalone slide show, I'll recommend the following article:

Standalone Slide Show

When you check "Show Picture information", then you can see the file name on the picture.

thanks.