Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
37817776

I cannot activate my windows copy with the code written on

I cannot activate my windows copy with the code written on the computer. What is the solution please/
Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hello I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com
Can you please tell me the Windows Operating System you are using and the type of computer ie dell hp ....

Customer :

it is toshiba satellite P30-145 system windows XP professional

Omer Mushahwar :

Ah ok so you were trying to reactive windows and the OEM stick on the laptop with the Key isnt letting you activate xp?

Customer :

yes thePC does not accept the activation code written behind the PC

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok this is a result of OEMs really only having an activation in them
Once its activated the amount of activations on the key is used up.

However there is a fix

Customer :

how?

Omer Mushahwar :

Sorry one second essentially you have to call microsoft they will reset the activations for your licenses key I am looking up the phone number/website for you now so you can contact them to reset your license key activations

Customer :

i have tried to call them but I cannot succeed...I am in Kenya, they are not able to understand me properly!!!

Omer Mushahwar :

One second let me see if I can get you directed to the correct department

Customer :

thanks

Omer Mushahwar :

Can you tell me what version of windows xp it is? Is it Home or Professional? 32 byte or 64 byte?

Customer :

32 bytes professional

Omer Mushahwar :

ok thanks this should just take me another minute or so to get you a number

Customer :

ok thanks again

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok after searching through their licensing site I found a licensing activation center in Kenya

Kenya

(254) (20)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Omer Mushahwar :

This is the number listed on microsofts website under their licensing

Omer Mushahwar :

They should be able to reset your activations so that you can reactivate windows with your license key

Customer :

so this I have to try tomorrow for it is night here already!!!

Omer Mushahwar :

Well a lot of their sites are 24 hours worst case if you call now you at least can probably find out their hours of operation

Customer :

ok i will try right now this number for there is no help from USA!!!

Customer :

number seems not working or busy...never sure of anything in this country!!

Customer :

microsoft cannot send the new activation number by e-mail or they don't have support for customers on line?

Omer Mushahwar :

I am double checking that for you right now

Omer Mushahwar :

Im trying to find a contact in kenya which seems to be the challenging part

Customer :

you are very efficient and friendly!! thanks so much

Omer Mushahwar :

You are more than welcome now lets get you what you need just give me a minute or too

Omer Mushahwar :

two

Customer :

ok

Omer Mushahwar :

Quick question when you try and activate the windows xp

Omer Mushahwar :

and you go to activate have you tried using the phone activation instead of the online?

Omer Mushahwar :

Just want to be sure

Customer :

I tried online and the reply is "incorrect product key"

Omer Mushahwar :

Can you try the by phone

Customer :

I have call microsoft in USA but they do nothing at all!!

Customer :

they never gave me another key number...so calling and be transfered from one person to another one during 38mn for nothing

Omer Mushahwar :

I am sorry they gave you the run around if you select the phone activation on your computer it should give you the direct number to dial to call the licensing department

Customer :

i haved dialled this number without good result!!!

Omer Mushahwar :

I do apologize for microsoft not giving you the results you need

Customer :

this computer has been brought to small repair and now it can not accept the original code number anymore

Omer Mushahwar :

yeah I understand with XP it seemed if you changed one part it had to be reactivated

Customer :

so i will retry tomorrow or put this machine on sale!!! tired of this!!!better to buy a new one!!!

Omer Mushahwar :

Give me just a couple more minutes I think I may have a nother number for you

Customer :

i have already lost a HP PC today...smoke coming out of the PC..totally died!!!

Omer Mushahwar :

Was this the number you used to call customer support (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer :

let me tell you that I am not in good mood for I am running a Cyber Cafe in remote aera of kenya,which makes the moving to nairobi very difficult!!!

Customer :

they gave me; 1-885712048

Omer Mushahwar :

let me double check the numbers

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok I think I may have found a way for you to talk to them online

Customer :

OK I will try this...if no success, i will call tomorrow

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok sounds good

Customer :

ok i am on this link will try by e-mail...thanks again

Omer Mushahwar :

You are welcome

Customer :

I will click accept so you can be paid as mentioned...and may you have a look on my blog ; http://lailasamburu.centerblog.net

Omer Mushahwar :

Hopefully they will give you the answer you are looking for

Customer :

have a happy end and start for 2011!!!

Omer Mushahwar :

Thanks You Too

Omer Mushahwar :

Let me know if you need any more help

Customer :

OK....

Omer Mushahwar :

Sorry about that for some reason it was blocking the accept try now

Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience: MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field