Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Service and CompTIA A+ CERTIFIED.

My netgear router will not let me have wireless access to my

Customer Question

My netgear router will not let me have wireless access to my ipad. My laptop works fine with this router. The Ipad sees the network but will not let me have access.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you already see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept, please)

Ok, please follow ALL the steps below from your computer already connected to the wireless internet network and you will see the password:

1- Click here ---> 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

2- Default username is admin and password XXXXX password

3- Once logged in, click Wireless Settings

4- Your network key (passphrase) will be under "Security Options". If you see more than one password XXXXX with all of them.

5- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

6- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!) (And even if you have a trial plan, please click Accept if we solved the issue, you won't be charged)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

now my ipad says it could not find the network "neillworld". However, in the Wi-Fi box on the ipad it shows Neillworld......very confused

Let's try this FIRST:

1- Turn off your wireless router (and unplug it from the electricity outlet if it does not have a power button) BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

2- Turn off your internet modem (if you have one) and unplug it from the electricity outlet

3- Turn off your computer(s)

4- Turn off your wireless printer(s) and your iPad

5- Wait 60 seconds

6- Turn them all ON again.

7- Wait 5 minutes (yes, 5 minutes please)

8- After the 5 minutes, from your iPad tap Settings, then Wifi, then your network name, then enter the network password

9- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

10- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have done the above items....My laptop is back and running and so is my computer. My ipad is on but I am now getting a message that it is not connected to the internet. My Wi-Fi is showing Neillworld.....When I go to settings it is showing that Newillworld is locked....how do I unlock???
The network is locked because you have a secure network. You don't want to unlock it. You just need to enter the network password XXXXX requested from the iPad. Is the iPad requesting you to enter the wireless network password? Thank you,

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was at one time....but now it is not requesting password, not sure why?
OK. Please follow the steps below to reset the network settings from your iPad:

1- Tap Settings

2- Tap General

3- Scroll Down and tap "Reset"

4- Tap "Reset Network Settings"

5- Confirm it tapping "Reset network settings"

6- Then tap Settings, WiFi, then tap your Network name.

7- Enter the wireless network password XXXXX prompted.

8- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

9- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did the above steps now the response I get on my ipad is could not open the page because the server stopped responding. However all my other computers and laptop is still working?

That's so weird. Can I have the exact error message, please? Thank you,

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding.
If you try Youtube from the iPad, does it work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am trying to open and all it is doing is trying to load.......it has been trying to load since I received your question
If you try do download an itunes song, does it work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not on Ipad....tried to get into the

app store also and it would not allow me either...all these apps worked at different wi-fi locations just not at my house.......confused in decatur

I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you.

You will receive an email when another expert takes your question. The new expert will see all our previous thread, so no need to explain the issue again.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks for your help.....Happy New Year
Happy New Year 2011!