J Tech
J Tech, Computer Support
Experience:  Owner of X XXXX Computer Repair

i want to reset my compaq mini 700 to factory settings how

Customer Question

i want to reset my compaq mini 700 to factory settings how do i do this? during the boot up i have tried pressing the 2 options that are there,f9, f10. all these do are let me check certain diagnostics no options to do a master reboot. i have gone into the search section and i can not find a recovery manager. i have found a recovery section but the only options are to return it dates where the computer had saved itself and the furthest date away is in september.
pressin f6 during the boot up does not work either.
the computer does not have a disk drive and did not come with a set up disk either.
Category: Computer
Expert:  J Tech replied 5 years ago.
Detailed documentation on how to do this can be found here.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that doesn't really help. that goes on about repairing windows,i just want to wipe the computer back to the way i bought it. i don't want to pay for a pasted in link. i don't own a optical drive either.
Expert:  J Tech replied 5 years ago.
That is the instructions on how to recover the computer back to factory settings. There is no recovery partition on your model of computer. You will need a disk to recover the computer. You will have to use an external cd drive for the operation. The normal recovery options for hp \ compaq computers are as follows

1. Reboot, and repeatedly press F10 at the HP logo until the recovery screen appears.
2. When the recovery screen appears, press "Next" and then "Yes" to perform a non-destructive recovery.
3. To perform a destructive recovery, click "Advanced" and then "Yes".
4. After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot.