abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B-Tech Topper in CSE from IIT Roorkee, Experience as S/W design Engineer at Microsoft India
16530347

I cannot install a remoteweb.cab using windows 7 and IE 8.

Customer Question

I cannot install a remoteweb.cab using windows 7 and IE 8. I have marked the site as Trusted and also enabled all X Controls without success. Any suggestinons?
Category: Computer
Expert:  abhi_iitian replied 4 years ago.
Hi Customer. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What website are you trying to access ? Since when are you having this problem. Please elaborate

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is may private camera system at the office and at home.

What is the exact error message that you get ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is not an error message. Windows 7 and/or IE 8 does not let me install the "Cab" after I have added the site to be trusted and allowing the XControl to be installed. Windows does not "approve" the download because it does not validate the "RemoteWeb.Cab." See attahced/inserted.

graphic

Hi there,

a) Did you make any changes to the computer recently link installing/uninstalling/upgrade?

Try the below methods which may resolve your issue.

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Click on Tools and select Internet Options.

3. Under Privacy tab click on settings button.

4. Now enter the website address in the box labeled Address of the website to allow:

5. Click on Add button.

6. Close the Pop-up blocked settings and Internet Options windows.

Now try visiting the website again.

If you still have the problem then follow the below steps and let me know if it works.

1. Open Internet Explorer.

3. Under Advanced tab scroll all the way to the bottom to the Security section.

4. Check the third box down “Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid”.

5. Click OK to close out the dialog box

Also, make sure you have followed the steps at : Click here

C

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had done that when I asked the question... it does not work either.

I already found the answer myself.

Thnak you for trying.

Expert:  abhi_iitian replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for letting us know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If I did not get the results I expected from Just Answer, is there a charge?

If you do not accept, moeny will be in your account
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do I do the "Not Accept" procedure?

you have not clicked accept, so you do not have to do anything. your deposit would be in your justanswer account since you have not clicked accept. You can use it for future questions if you do not click accept here. IF you still want, it will be refunded. Its a deposit.