Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

my screen keeps exiting out of all full screen activity (youtube,

my screen keeps exiting out of all full screen activity (youtube, video browser, windows media player, etc). how do i stop this?
something is pulling it out. anything that you see running on the bottom right by the clock is running all of the time. When something triggers it you will get pulled out of full screen mode. something like yahoo messenger especially will constantly be popping up everytime somebody on your friends list signs in. everytime it displays something it will yank you out of full screen mode
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok I have tried to end the process of everything that was unnecessary inside that little menu. i will now try playing a video for about 30 minutes. normally, the full screen would interrupt way before those 30 minutes pass by. If it happens again, I will message you back. If by the end of the 30 minutes the problem has yet to occur, I will accept the answer.

that works for me :-)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is still occurring. It has happened 3 times from the time I last messaged you.

ok i am going to opt out and maybe somebody else has a better idea if nobody picks up on it i will do a little research and be in touch again later or tomorow

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok. how do i ask someone else? or did u send my question to another expert?

What is the exact make and model of the computer

Lets try reinstalling the drivers. It seems there is sometimes problems with the windows 7 drivers when working in full screen.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, I actually tried uninstalling a few programs which I wasn't really using, which I installed around the time that this problem started happening. It seems the problem has subsided, but thank you for leading me on the right path.