Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer
Experience:  21 years troubleshooting PC/Server/Printer and network

I forgot my password to the parental control and I need to

Customer Question

I forgot my password XXXXX the parental control and I need to change it. How can I get in to change the password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 5 years ago.

Christopher Bessler :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer! I will make every effort to assist you. If you have any questions after reading my posts feel free to ask me!

Christopher Bessler :

I need to know which parental control password XXXXX are trying to change.

Christopher Bessler :

On the computer itself?

Christopher Bessler :

Another application?

Christopher Bessler :

Another device?

Christopher Bessler :

Let me know.

Christopher Bessler :

You appear to be offline.

Christopher Bessler :

In the mean time I will switch this to a Q&A format question so you can come back to it at any time. I will also be notified when you make a posting.

Let me know...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is windows vista.

Microsoft cannot tell you how to get around passwords. Please see their policy here:

If you have another administrator account on the system, you may be able to reset the parental controls using that account - though I'm not sure you can reset the parental control password (or if the other administrator account will be able to access parental controls without a separate password XXXXX one was created for that feature). You may just need to disable parental controls entirely if you want the problem you're having to go away (though that will disable all the other controls as well).

Here's a great tutorial on how to use Parental controls - but it doesn't address your specific question

Sorry we can't help more, but the rules about helping to get past passwords prevents me from providing and guidance or links to anything that might help.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Please bookmark my site so you can contact me directly when you have a new question. Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I am not satisfied with your answer. I expect a refund to my paypal account
I am sorry, but parental controls would not mean a whole lot if there was just an easy way to reset the password XXXXX wipe it out. I am not sure what you were expecting.

I will mark your question as refund requested, our moderators handle the refund.