RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Experience:  5+ Years in IT, BS in Computer Science

Windows Live Mail started yesterday with Delivery status notification

Windows Live Mail started yesterday with Delivery status notification - Mail Delivery System. "This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients is still underway after ..." (then is shows however many hours). These show going to email addresses I do not recognize and never sent an email to. There have been about 20 altogether. There is nothing in my outbox folder, nothing in drafts and they don't show up in sent. My address book starts with aaaa to prevent hijacking of my email addresses. But, that does not seem to be the problem anyway. They all go to people I don't know. I have run Avirus, no viruses. I also ran Stopzilla, and got read of all spyware. Do you have any idea what is happening and what I can do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  RPI Solutions replied 5 years ago.

Robert Preston :

Robert Preston :

you need to change your password XXXXX

Robert Preston :

It sounds like your account was phished (a webpage that looks like it's real, but is meant to steal your password)

Robert Preston :

and they are using it to spam accounts