Justin
Justin, Network Administrator/Not Limited
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration
2888018

I am 90% of the time stuck with retrieving or loading statements

I am 90% of the time stuck with "retrieving" or "loading" statements for either Netflix or Roko Channel. What do I do? Thanks very much
Category: Computer
Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.
No problem. Please do NOT click accept until you've done these steps and CONFIRMED its working.

First I want you to hard reset the player. To do this:

1. From the Home screen, press Up to activate the Menu Bar.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select Factory Reset.

4. Select Factory Reset again.

5. Select Yes.

Additionally, you can press and hold the Reset button on the back of the unit for 15 seconds.

Afterwards, I want you to set it back up (you'll have to re-register the player with Netflix, and you'll also have to reconnect it to your wireless), I want you to do a update.

1. From the Roku home screen, select the “Settings” icon.
2. Select the “Player Info” icon within “Settings.”
3. Select “Check for Update.”
4. Select “Yes” on the confirmation dialog box to confirm that you want to update your player. It might say you're up to date. Repeat this step 3 times immediately after, it SHOULD find an update (its a glitch in the Roku player)
5. Once you see a dialog box indicating your player has been updated, select “OK” to restart your Roku player and finish the update.

Afterwards it'll take awhile to start up the first time, probably a minute or two to load channels. Just let it take its time.

Let me know how it goes, and remember only to click accept if it resolves the issue.