Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor in Technology, 7+ years of experience
33602187

I am not receiving emails in my hotmail account! I use this

I am not receiving emails in my hotmail account! I use this for work and so I have had 5 people email me in the last 30 minutes (they aren't in blocked senders) and the emails aren't coming through. I emailed myself and it's not coming through.
Is there an issue?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.

Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.''

Please check your Hotmail account using internet explorer as under:
Please launch internet explorer on your computer.
Now, delete everything from the the address bar,(the box that starts with http) and type www.hotmail.com
Click Mail or sign in.
Now, please enter your Hotmail email address and password XXXXX click sign in.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have done that 3 times, re-logged in. As I have two computers in my office, I have re-loged-in on both computers and still no change.

Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.
Please change your hotmail Password XXXXX security question immediately.

Also, It could be a hotmail temporary issue. Please wait some time and try to send an email again.

Edited by sandy on 12/1/2010 at 5:12 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have changed security and password XXXXX added more security questions.

I have waited to see if this is a hotmail issue (about 2 hours now from the time all this started) and I am still not receiving all my emails. I just sent myself another email and it's not going through.

Any other suggestions? Anyway to see if hotmail is having an issue? Do they post that somewhere?

Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.
Are you checking emails using your browser like internet explorer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not sure what you mean exactly- but yes my browser is internet explorer.

I go to my white bar and type in www.hotmail.com and it brings up my sign in page and then I type my password XXXXX there it is.

I see my inbox, my folders, contacts, etc. everything is where it's supposed to be, and I believe I can send emails and people are getting them-- I will double check that.

Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.
oaky, first of all, you click e icons and then in its white bar, you login to your hotmail account.

Please reset your internet explorer as under:

Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).
Launch Internet explorer
Click Tools
Click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
Start Internet Explorer again.

Please click the ACCEPT button, so that your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my Time, work and efforts. I earn my living out of it. You will NOT be charged twice. Bonus would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If my email issue is happening on 2 different computers what good does re-setting internet explorer do? I will wipe out all my personal settings, etc which take time to re-set.

I will be happy to push the accept button when I receive an answer to my problem. I will also be happy to give you a bonus But, I am still not receiving emails and you have not resolved my problem. So far, I have done everything you asked, but it isn't helping.

I asked if there was a way to see if HOTMAIL posted an issue and no response.

I depend on my email 100% today and I am not able to do my job as I am waiting on your expert help and we have been talking for over an hour-- I need resolution.

Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.
I understand this and appreciate your wisdom.

okay, could you please tell me part of your hotmail address before letter @ only?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

stephanieniles

Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.
Please try to check your emails again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been checking every 5 minutes. Looks like their server might be "clogged up"? if that is possible.

My husband sent me an email at 9:00 this morning and then I had him re-send it around 10:30. I am assuming the one from 9:00 came through about 30 min ago and then the one from 10:30 just hit about 2 min. ago.

So for whatever reason- their server is clogged and maybe my emails will start trickling in...is that possble for that to happen?

Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.
You are right. Hotmail servers are very busy and seems to be working a bit slow today. You will receive all of the emails quickly now as you have started getting them.
Great.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Please do not forget to click the ACCEPT button, so that your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my Time, work and efforts. I earn my living out of it. You will NOT be charged twice. Bonus would be highly appreciated.

Edited by sandy on 12/1/2010 at 7:15 PM EST
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience: Bachelor in Technology, 7+ years of experience