Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified

My PC screen goes blank when ever I plug in the VGA cable to

My PC screen goes blank when ever I plug in the VGA cable to our "PC to Video component" that had worked just fine before now. The component is a new Grandtec USA GXP-2000
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

NOTE: If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please let me know if you have the 32 bit or 64 bit version. Right click the "Computer" icon on your desktop and select Properties to figure it out.

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We have a 32 bit vista
PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

Please try booting with the "Last Known good configuration"

1- Restart the computer and immediately press F8 repeatedly (before the windows logo appears), until you get the Boot Menu.

2- Choose "Last Known good configuration" and press ENTER

3- Wait for windows to be completely loaded

4- Restart your computer on normal Mode.

5- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

6- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did what you asked, after Windows loaded I shut down the PC then restarted. The screen still gose blank when the component is plugged in. The computer screen appears on the TV which makes it harder to use. It previously showed on both screens (TV & PC) . Do you think it was some thing we might did? WAIT! My wife just went to Windows mobility center and selected dual screen monitoring and that seems to have done it. I guess it was some thing we did. Thanks for showing us how to get to the boot screen that will be vary helpful.
We're both computer challenged so well be calling on you again, have a happy Holliday