J Tech
J Tech, Computer Support
Experience:  Owner of X XXXX Computer Repair
31481149

I have attempted to reboot my computer from hard drive and

Customer Question

I have attempted to reboot my computer from hard drive and I have been told to contact support....ERROR CODE:oxeoef0003
canyou help me my computer will not boot up.
Don
Category: Computer
Expert:  J Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello, what is the make and model of the computer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
HP TouchSmart(NNN) NNN-NNNNk
Expert:  J Tech replied 3 years ago.
Lets see if you can do a system recovery

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware. Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord .
  3. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens.Figure 7: Recovery ManagerRecovery Manager
  4. Under I need help immediately, click System Recovery .
  5. Select a backup option:
    • If you have already backed up personal files or you do not want to back up personal files, select Recover without backing up your files , and then click Next . Continue to the next step.
      1. Select the file types to back up, and then click Next .Figure 9: File Backup windowFile Backup window
      2. Recovery Manager scans the computer for storage devices. Select the storage device to save the backup, and then click Next .
        NOTE: If you selected a CD or DVD drive, you are prompted to insert a blank disc.
        Figure 10: Choose backup locationFile backup window, choose backup location
      3. When Recovery Manager is finished backing up files, remove the backup disc or storage device, and then click Next to continue with the recovery process.
        NOTE: If the backup process fails, make sure the capacity of the storage device is large enough to store the files, or try de-selecting some file types to reduce the amount of files that are copied. Other reasons for failed backups might be caused by file corruption. In some cases, it may not be possible to save files using this backup method.
    • show If you have not backed up personal files, select Back up your files first (recommended) , and then click Next .Figure 8: Back up your files firstDo you want to back up your files first?To back up your personal files, complete the following:
  6. Click OK in the warning that appears.
  7. After the system recovery is complete, click Finish to restart the computer. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.
  8. Once the setup is complete, turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer.
  9. Before using the computer, update and protect your computer. Reinstall any virus and security software that was installed before the system recovery.
  10. Reinstall any software programs that were added after purchasing the computer, as well as any files that were backed up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did all that before I asked for help and I got BOOTMGR is missing ...Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to restartbbb

BUT I kepted going back to....BOOTMGR is missing.

Expert:  J Tech replied 3 years ago.

If your Windows 7 or Vista computer has encountered the dreaded “BOOTMGR is missing” error If the problem isn’t hardware related you can fix it with relative ease as long as you have a Windows DVD handy.

If you don’t have one, you can create a Windows Vista repair disk using our guide.

image

Boot off the Windows Vista DVD and then click Next at the first prompt:

image

You should see a link in the lower left-hand side for “Repair your computer”

image

The installation process will attempt to find your Vista installation directory. If there’s more than one in the list, select the correct one and then use the Next button again.

image

Click the first link for “Startup Repair”

image

The installation process will repair the system, and then prompt for you to reboot.

image

Alternatively you could have chosen the Command Prompt option instead, and use the following command to fix the boot options only:

bootrec /fixboot

image

At this point you should be able to reboot your computer, remove the DVD and everything should be working. If not, then this would indicate that your hard drive has failed and you will need to replace it.