johnn mack
johnn mack, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ and networking certified. Certified in xp,vista,7, 6 years tech support
28647879

My u-verse remote works fine except for the volume control.

My u-verse remote works fine except for the volume control. In the last couple of days the volume can be increased without any problems but...it won't reduce the volume unless you turn the equipment off. Is there a cure for this problem, or must I obtain an new remote control????
Category: Computer
Expert:  johnn mack replied 3 years ago.
Hello there! If you have already tried removing and re adding the batteries then you can reprogram the remote to tell it which device to control the volume with. here is a how to
  • Press and hold down the AT&T button on the Uverse remote. As you are doing this, press and release the "OK" button. The remote is ready when the mode buttons flash once.

• Enter the the code 955 within ten seconds. If you wait longer than ten seconds, you will have to start all over. After you have entered the code, the AT&T mode button will flash twice to indicate that the code has been submitted.

• Press the mode button for whichever device you would the volume buttons on the remote to control.

• Customer: replied 3 years ago.
    There isn't any change. It's still not able to decrease the volume.
    Then yes its the a physical issue with the remote and it will need to be repaired/exchanged.
    johnn mack, Computer Support Specialist
    Experience: Comptia A+ and networking certified. Certified in xp,vista,7, 6 years tech support