Sibu
Sibu, Support Specialist
Experience:  BTech(IT)
32381537

olympus P-10 installs automatically on windows 7 but does not

Customer Question

olympus P-10 installs automatically on windows 7 but does not appear in the device drop down for printing
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sibu replied 3 years ago.

Sibu :

Hello, Welcome To JustAnswer Thanks & Regards Sibu

Sibu :

this printer is not compatible with windows 7

Sibu :

it will work in in windows XP,2000,ME

Customer :

The Microsoft compatibility site says that it is compatible.

Sibu :

1. Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.

2. Click Add a printer.

3. In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a local printer.

4. On the Choose a printer port page, make sure that the Use an existing port button and the recommended printer port are selected, and then click Next.

5. On the Install the printer driver page, select the printer manufacturer and model, and then click Next.

• If your printer isn't listed, click Windows Update, and then wait while Windows checks for additional drivers.

• If none are available and you have the installation CD, click Have Disk, and then browse to the folder where the printer driver is located. (For additional help, consult the printer manual.)

6. Complete the additional steps in the wizard, and then click Finish.

Customer :

The printer has already installed automatically and is showing in the Device Manager list. It is just that the Picture Printing procedure does not see it as a printer device.

Sibu :

right click on printer and s elect properties

Sibu :

and click on printe test page

Customer :

OK ... I have solved the problem myself ... I downloaded the driver for XP from the Olympus site since they do not provide one for Windows 7. In device manager I used the 'update driver' wizzard and then it installed properly. Previously it had been in the Device Manager list but with a question mark at the side of it. The P-10 now appears in the drop down list for picture printing and pictures print correctly.

Sibu :

Okay glad to know that

Customer :

Your answer didn't help at all but I was able to solve the problem myself. I have already told you that. A refund of my £33 pound deposit would be appreciated.