Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor in Technology, 7+ years of experience
33602187

My computer does not respond when I click links in e-mails

My computer does not respond when I click links in e-mails (and some website links).

Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

I suggest you two solutions:

A. Please reset your internet explorer as under:
Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).
Launch Internet explorer
Click Tools
Click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
Start Internet Explorer again.

B. I would suggest you to scan your computer using the free version of anti-malware software. This will remove all of the malwares, spywares, viruses from the computer.

http://malwarebytes.org/

Click Download (free version). After that click "Download Now", under Malwarebytes, Anti-malware. Note: If there are more than one Download, please download only files related to malwarebytes or mbam-setup.exe file

Now,on the next page you might see, "Your download will begin in a moment. If it doesn't, "click here" to try again". If you do not see Run, please click, "Click Here". Then

click Run, Run again and install this software.

After that, click Quick scan and click start.

It will take around 10-15 minutes to scan. Once the scan is complete. You will see a link, "Select All". You will click "Select All". After that you will click "Remove Selected"

Then you will see a pop up with options, Yes or No. Click Yes and this would restart your computer.
.
If this does not fix, please get back to me.

Please click the ACCEPT button, so that your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my Time, work and efforts. I earn my living out of it. You will NOT be charged twice. Bonus would be highly appreciated.