Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

How to finalize a dvd in windows 7 that will play on a dvd

Customer Question

How to finalize a dvd in windows 7 that will play on a dvd player
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 6 years ago.

ITTechQ&A :

Hello, Thank you for contacting JA, I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Customer:

Hi Chris

ITTechQ&A :

1. Open Computer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Computer.

2. In Windows Explorer, click the disc burner drive, and then click Close session on the toolbar.

Customer:

I clicked on "computer" but could not find "windows explorer".

ITTechQ&A :

once you click computer you are in windows explorer, now highlight the dvd burner.

Customer:

OK

ITTechQ&A :

How you making out?

Customer:

I don't know what I am suppose to do. I highlighted DVD RW drive under it was picasa cd slideshow.app, pictures - there's a bunch of stuff on the right side like files currently on disc 8?

Customer:

It doesn't say anything about a dvd burner. I thought Windows 7 had a dvd burner.

ITTechQ&A :

when you highlight the drive, up top on the toolbar you should finalize as a option.

Customer:

The top bar says computer - DVD drive D:

Customer:

the top bar says computer - DVD drive D: Betty at Safari West

Customer:

the bar under says organize - burn to disc. I have the DVD I made in the computer. I don't see finalize anywhere.

ITTechQ&A :

Ok if there is no finalize option then the disc has been finalized.

Customer:

I put the disc in the dvd player and it still reads "incorrect disc" and won't play.

ITTechQ&A :

What are you using to burn the disc?

Customer:

I burned the disc using Windows 7 DVD maker

ITTechQ&A :

Does your DVD player play jpegs?

Customer:

I don't know, but on pg 67 Samsung Blue Ray Disc Player, it says MP3 & JPEG Simultaneous playbeck. You can enjoy listening to MP3 files while you simultaneously view JPEG files.

ITTechQ&A :

do you have any other burning software installed on your PC?

ITTechQ&A :

Please use the link to download a free verison of Nero:

ITTechQ&A :

http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nbl-free.php

ITTechQ&A :

Where you able to download the softwre?

Customer:

Yes, but that was on my husband's computer and then it required rebooting and I lost everything on his computer.

Customer:

Goodnight

ITTechQ&A :

Hello

Customer:

I am now on my computer. I do not have time tonight to go to my husband's computer and see if downloading the Nero program will work to burn a DVD that will play on a DVD player. How will I access the Nero program when I get back to my husband's computer. Thank you.

ITTechQ&A :

Once you have downloaded and installed the program you will have icon on the desktop open the program and create a picture DVD.