Aitizaz
Aitizaz, Software Engineer
Experience:  Vast exp. in troubleshooting,maintenance and counselling
17531195

My asus laptop i bought in April keeps changing the date, and

Customer Question

My asus laptop i bought in April keeps changing the date, and sometimes the time of day on its own. It does the date on avg of at least weekly, sometime more often.
Another problem is that the curser jumps to somewhere in the paragraph that I have completed all on its own, usually after i pause typing for a few seconds, i usually don't notice till i have started typing again and then have to go back and correct.
Any ides on these two problems?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 3 years ago.

Aitizaz Ahmad :

it seems that your clock is synchronized with the internet time

Aitizaz Ahmad :

thats why it keeps on changing

Customer:

I don't know what that mean

Customer:

i go to set time and date in control panel and set it there

Aitizaz Ahmad :

do the following

Customer:

Im waiting

Aitizaz Ahmad :

1. click on the clock in the right bottom

Customer:

ok

Aitizaz Ahmad :

2. click on INTERNET TIME tab

Customer:

and then?

Aitizaz Ahmad :

3. click on CHANGE SETTINGS button

Customer:

ok

Aitizaz Ahmad :

4. UNCHECK "Synchronize with an internet time server"

Customer:

ok done

Aitizaz Ahmad :

5. click OK

Customer:

done

Aitizaz Ahmad :

now time will remain constant and will not change

Customer:

lets home so....

Customer:

what about my second question?

Aitizaz Ahmad :

go to the following link and download Touchfreeze

Aitizaz Ahmad :

install it and run it

Customer:

ok i will try that?

Aitizaz Ahmad :

ok

Customer:

sorry i lost you and then had some trouble installing the touchfreeze

Aitizaz Ahmad :

installed now?

Customer:

I think so, it tried to install twice i beleive

Customer:

not sure how to find out if it is in fact installed

Aitizaz Ahmad :

you will see a monitor screen, a green TICK and two buttons in the monitor

Aitizaz Ahmad :

if that has been installed

Customer:

yes i found it

Aitizaz Ahmad :

ok then its installed

Aitizaz Ahmad :

now it must not jump all over

Customer:

so it runs in the background and i don't have to ever worry about turning it on or off or anything?

Aitizaz Ahmad :

yes

Customer:

ok well i will do some typing and hope it works

Aitizaz Ahmad :

its automatic

Aitizaz Ahmad :

yes sure

Customer:

has been very annoying for sure

Customer:

wish i knew more about how to fix things on my own

Aitizaz Ahmad :

you will come to know with the passage of time

Customer:

and if i have any trouble with the dat thing or the curser? is there any rebate on money paid or what do i do?4

Aitizaz Ahmad :

you can check it out now

Customer:

it seems to be working ok so far and i won't know about the date maybe for a few days...so i will assume it is fixed and click on accept...have a great day and thanks.

Aitizaz Ahmad :

ok and thank you for coming to just answer

Aitizaz, Software Engineer
Experience: Vast exp. in troubleshooting,maintenance and counselling