Vcomputer
Vcomputer, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Computer Engineering.
50394252

I have a Windows 7 phone LG. How do I get my PC to recognize

I have a Windows 7 phone LG. How do I get my PC to recognize the phone as a drive

Please tell me your lg phone model number so that I can tell you the procedure.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is AT&T LG Quantum
If you are using a USB cable, and not Bluetooth to connect to your computer:
This is a very common problem and, unfortunately, even Cingular is unaware of the simple fix. Its barely documented anywhere, so most people wind up thinking its a problem with their phones, or their drivers, or even their USB cables. Most cases, its just your computers inability to correctly assign a drive letter to the phone the first time you hook it up.
Go through this checklist:
1. Before you connect your phone to the computer, make sure your phone is set to Mass Storage. On the phone, go to Settings -> 7. Connection -> 2. USB Connection Mode and make sure you have "Mass Storage" checked
2. Connect the phone to the computer via USB cable.
3. If your computer says it found new hardware and opens the hardware wizard to find a driver, close the wizard by hitting the Cancel button.
4. You should see the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon show up in your system tray, next to the clock (the little icon with the green arrow). If you see that, then your phone has been recognized.
5. Open your windows explorer and select View -> Refresh. Your drive listing should update with the "Removable Disk" in your local drive list. IF NOT....
6. Open your Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management. Look in the lower section for "Removable Disk" which matches the size of the phone's memory stick. Right-click on the icon and Select "Change Drive Letter and Paths". Click the "Change" button and assign a drive letter that is not in use (remember to look at your windows explorer and choose a drive letter thats not already there).
This should clear up the problem and should insure the phone gets assigned the correct drive letter the next time you connect to it.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Please acknowledge my answer by clicking the ACCEPT button so that I can be paid for my work and time.

Please do not give negative feedback , if this does not help. your question will be open for further follow up

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is no option for connection in settings on my phone
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Any thoughts?

Connection option must be there in the setting. check the 7th option in setting. That is connection.

If still you are not able to find connection, then please tell me what are the menu you can see in settings.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

UNder Settings

ringtones & sounds

theme

airplane mode

Wi-Fi

Bluetooth

email & accounts

lock and wallpaper

location

cellular

date & time

brightness

keyboard

regions & language

ease of access

speech

find my phone

phone update

about

feedback

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am searching as well and found specs which referred to PC SYnc: USB 2.0 (My Phone)

If you have USB cord, you just connect it to the phone and then PC. That time phone will ask in which mode you want to connect. Then select Mass Memory at that time.

Hope that should work.
There is a very nice video tutorial about the connections setup. Just follow it.

Try re-botting the phone; without switching it off take? the battery out for a few mins and then switch it back on.

Go into the connectivity menu and ensure you have select Mass Storage mode before connecting the USB cable. Then connect the USB cable and try again.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Tried it but there is no connectivity menu in settings
Have you tried to connect it to PC with the USB cord? If you have USB cord, you just connect it to the phone and then PC. That time phone will ask in which mode you want to connect. Then select Mass Memory at that time.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I did that but the phone didnt do anything although the PC recognizes the device as a Windows 7 phone
Have you checked the video I have sent to you. That will show you where you will find the connectivity menu and other things.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The video did not come through-blank box with a red x-what is the URL?
Check the video on the following url
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMejj9FoUZQ&feature=player_embedded

Good Luck
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That phone has a completely different menu structure
Do you have manual for this phone. If yes then check in that. Otherwise me the full model number of your pone.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I checked the manual. I am just amazed that a Windows 7 phone doesnt have an easy way to connect to a PC as a drive. The phon is a LG Quantum I also saw C900 on the receipt
Oh finally. For this phone you’ll need the Zune software. To download the latest version for use with LG Quantum, go to windowsphone.com. Once the software
is installed, open it and follow the instructions to get your music, videos, pictures, and so on into your collection

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately this is for music, video, podcasts, and photos only not for files
As this phone do not have any slot for SD card. So this does not allow you to save external files and other things. This is the only drawback to this phone.

Please do not give negative feedback, I wish I could help you, but in this case the phone do not support this feature. so I am helpless

Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok thanks for all your effort
Your welcome.

If you feel I have assisted you well then please acknowledge my answer by clicking the ACCEPT button so that I can be paid for my work and time.