B. Rath
B. Rath, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

I am trying to UNINSTALL Internet Explorer v9 Beta via the

I am trying to UNINSTALL Internet Explorer v9 Beta via the Control Panel Updates list. The uninstall (Revert back to v8 hopefully) seems to run but ends with a "An error has occurred. Not all of the updates were successfully uninstalled." error. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Eric Force
Punxsutawney, PA
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Just to clarify, after this error comes up, does the system roll back the uninstallation, i.e. IE9 is still present?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thanks for the quick response. Yes, I.E. 9 Beta is still present - the uninstall proceeds for about 15 secs then the error message appears. Actually I'm OK with I.E. v9 Beta itself, it's just that I'm unable to install Adobe Flash with it ... Flash was working fine with i.e v8 ... and it's the Flash component that I need most.
Oh, I see. Would you like me to troubleshoot the issue you are having with Flash Player first, before moving on the IE9 uninstall issue?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm smiling ... whichever YOU think would be the easiest/fastest ... I've tried to install Flash several times [uninstall/install] (have it working OK under Firefox and Chrome but no go on i.e. v9 Beta ... problem is I use Xara Web Designer 6 and **IT** uses a scaled down version of IE for web page preview ... without IE being able to run Flash, I have to jump from XARA to Firefox or Chrome to display my Flash web pages ... I'm getting wordy - am I making sense? smiles
No problem; let's deal with the root issue, i.e. Flash Player first. Now, in IE, please go to Tools > Manage Add-ons; is there any reference to 'Shockwave Flash Object' listed?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No ... no Flash reference there ..
I see. First off, please download and run the standalone installer of the latest version of Flash Player using the given link, as follows:

Do you get any error/message when trying to install it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Shaking my head ... Installed ***withOUT error*** - Shockwave Flash appearing in I.E. Manage Add ons and Flash now seems to be working ... ????????? .. my jaw is dropped ...
Wow, that was an easy fix! If you have any questions, just let me know, or please click 'Accept'. Thanks!